What The Future Holds

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Camden [enjin:6601484]

What The Future Holds

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

This year our Twins started to play close to .500 ball. We were a surprise team in the MLB. Now it looks like we've hit a huge, death skid in losing 11 out of the last 12. No worries though. We weren't supposed to be anything this year. In two or three years, Sota will be making serious noise again.

C - Joe Mauer
1B - Chris Parmelee (Wishful thinking for Matt Adams)
2B - Eddie Rosario
SS - Eduardo Escobar/Pedro Florimon
3B - Miguel Sano
LF - Oswaldo Arcia
CF - Byron Buxton
RF - Aaron Hicks
DH - Trevor Plouffe (Could flip flop Arcia)

EDIT: Kohl Stewart to the rotation.

SP1 - Kohl Stewart
SP2 - Jose Berrios
SP3 - Kyle Gibson
SP4 - Alex Meyer
SP5 - Luke Bard or Trevor May

As long as there's no major regressing in terms of progression, these guys look like they'd be a pretty good ball club. Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano are franchise changers with Buxton being another phenom to the game of baseball. He is the future. Need to make sure veteran pieces are in the mix and there needs to be a change of manager AND pitching coach. There's no doubting that the projected lineup would be able to score runs in plenty.

Max Kepler and Daniel Santana look to be more than a ways away, but still have good potential. Any other prospects I overlooked?
Jester1534

Re: What The Future Holds

Post by Jester1534 »

How about our new 1st round pick Stewart, but hopefully guys pan out. Also remember this teams pay roll is basically only gonna have Mauer on it soon so hopefully they go after a couple free agents.

Very true. How the hell did I forget Stewart?? The guy's arm is dynamic. Hopefully he flies through the minors with good production like Buxton and Sano have. Stewart and Berrios at the top of a rotation is pretty dirty in my opinion.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Really easy to get excited about this team's future. Hicks has been so incredible in center that I wonder if Buxton might end up in right instead...Hicks has made 8-10 highlight reel catches, several outfield assists and no errors. Regardless of who goes where, it's going to be an unbelievable defensive outfield.

I really like how Pelfrey has looked his last few starts. I think his post surgery progression will continue, and he will be an excellent back of the rotation starter for the club.

longstrangetrip wrote:Really easy to get excited about this team's future. Hicks has been so incredible in center that I wonder if Buxton might end up in right instead...Hicks has made 8-10 highlight reel catches, several outfield assists and no errors. Regardless of who goes where, it's going to be an unbelievable defensive outfield.

I really like how Pelfrey has looked his last few starts. I think his post surgery progression will continue, and he will be an excellent back of the rotation starter for the club.

Agreed with how great the outfield defense will be, but I do think Buxton takes CF. Even with how good Hicks is roaming CF, Buxton might even be better. That's how absurd Buxton is.

I hate Pelfrey. If there's a team willing to give us anything in return for him, I give him the boot. Same goes for Diamond, but I would want something higher in return.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

From seeing Buxton a couple times in person and on TV I think he will be better than hicks in center. The guy has Austin Jackson type range and Vladimir Guerrero type of arm. Just think though of Hicks and Buxton outfield, my mouth is salivating especially at Target field that's gonna be one hell of a weapon for the Twins.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDaiBZz0WM

Jester1534 wrote:From seeing Buxton a couple times in person and on TV I think he will be better than hicks in center. The guy has Austin Jackson type range and Vladimir Guerrero type of arm. Just think though of Hicks and Buxton outfield, my mouth is salivating especially at Target field that's gonna be one hell of a weapon for the Twins.

Agreed 100% jester. Also, by then I think Hicks' bat will have come back around to what it's supposed to be. Think about THAT!
caDustymn [enjin:6596349]

Post by caDustymn [enjin:6596349] »

Always nice to have 2 superb CFs playing in the same outfield! I think your list is pretty accurate, but Stewart will more than likely take a few years to come up. Also, I'm hoping that this guy Pinto (who I know nothing about) continues to hit. Does anyone know how he is defensively at catcher? He could give Mauer some rest behind the plate-Mauer could play some 1B and DH as well. Huge Matt Adams fan-do whatever it takes to get him. Keep in mind we'll probably have a top 5 pick as well, if we decide to take a ready college pitcher-they could be ready then as well.
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

Jester1534 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDaiBZz0WM

Jester just a heads up if you copy the part of a youtube link after the v= you can embed the video into the thread and it can just be watched right here. :thumb:

[youtube]5PDaiBZz0WM[/youtube]