Kyle Anderson

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: Kyle Anderson

Post by kekgeek »

I like guys who don't suck. Kyle Anderson doesn't suck. A good defender with play making abilities I like it.

I know people want a big but I prefer Anderson over any realistic big on the market. Happy with the signing. Wolves now a legit 12 deep. I like it
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

The deeper you dig, the better this signing looks.

In 2020/21 season where Kyle Anderson mainly started and averaged 27 minutes these were his stats per game:

12.4 points
5.7 rebounds
3.6 assists
1.2 steals
0.8 blocks
.47 fg
.36 3pt fg (on almost 4 attempts per game)

You average those stats over per 36 mins and they look even better.
Mr. Brightside [enjin:16464947]

Post by Mr. Brightside [enjin:16464947] »

Definitely a precursor to a trade for a C.

My guess is that they are in on Gobert and both DLo and Beasley will be part of the package headed to Utah.

Bev and Ant take care of ballhandling duties and initiation of offense. McDaniels starts at the 3. Anderson and a mixture of Nowell and McLaughlin initiate for 2nd unit.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

kekgeek1 wrote:I like guys who don't suck. Kyle Anderson doesn't suck. A good defender with play making abilities I like it.

I know people want a big but I prefer Anderson over any realistic big on the market. Happy with the signing. Wolves now a legit 12 deep. I like it

Yeah, when you have guys like Anderson, Prince, and PBev on the roster it gives the team a fairly high floor. They just aren't going to lose you a bunch of games.

Every single move the Wolves have made in both the draft and free agency is basically meant to buttress KAT and Ant, i.e. surround them with smart players and willing defenders that know their role and can play with stars.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Mr. Brightside wrote:Definitely a precursor to a trade for a C.

My guess is that they are in on Gobert and both DLo and Beasley will be part of the package headed to Utah.

Bev and Ant take care of ballhandling duties and initiation of offense. McDaniels starts at the 3. Anderson and a mixture of Nowell and McLaughlin initiate for 2nd unit.

That's really problematic. I know we don't think that it is right now because of how poorly the Grizzlies series played out, but neither of those two are capable of consistently orchestrating a highly-functional offense, especially late in games. Add Jordan McLaughlin to that equation as well.

Patrick Beverley is very limited in what he can do as a facilitator off the bounce. He's more of a secondary playmaker at his best, and has been for the large majority of his career. And at this stage of his development, Anthony Edwards' first, second, and third-highest priorities are to score the basketball. Consistently creating shots for his teammates and developing the court vision required is going to take more time/seasoning. He's not quite ready to be the de facto offensive centerpiece in the mold of James Harden or Luka Doncic, nor should that be the expectation as a 21-year old. And McLaughlin presents weaknesses of his own -- mainly as a scorer as opposing defenses don't respect his ability to put the ball in the hoop. These three are all quality players, but it would be irresponsible to go into the season thinking that they're enough. Minnesota was already somewhat weak in this regard last season. Losing D'Angelo Russell without some other quality replacement coming back just isn't going to cut it.

kekgeek1 wrote:I like guys who don't suck. Kyle Anderson doesn't suck. A good defender with play making abilities I like it.

Would you, or did you, prefer Kyle Anderson over any free agent big that was available prior to today? Because, realistically, Minnesota could have used the mid-level exception on damn near any one of them that got signed so far. I can't imagine that's how you honestly feel.

* Unless you mean you prefer Anderson over the remaining options, and in that case it's a fair take. But the idea remains that Minnesota let better targets slip away to sign him.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Camden wrote:

Would you, or did you, prefer Kyle Anderson over any free agent big that was available prior to today? Because, realistically, Minnesota could have used the mid-level exception on damn near any one of them that got signed so far. I can't imagine that's how you honestly feel.

* Unless you mean you prefer Anderson over the remaining options, and in that case it's a fair take. But the idea remains that Minnesota let better targets slip away to sign him.

Ya, I'm not a big Hartinstien (he got a really solid contract though), bamba, smith fan. I don't like playing money to rotation level bigs. I guess I would of taken McGee over Anderson but I think Anderson is really solid.

I don't think you can go wrong having another legit solid rotation wing
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

A Dlo/Beasley/Vando swap for Conely/Gobert would look pretty sweet right now! Just sayin'...
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

kekgeek1 wrote:
60WinTim wrote:Something I just picked up on at spotrac.com is the options just picked up for Nowell and Naz are non-guaranteed. Hoopshype also says this for Naz, but says it becomes guaranteed if is not waived by July 20th (they don't mention Nowell). So a 15th roster spot can be opened by waiving Naz...

Don't see the upside waiving Naz. Not the best roster fit but he doesn't suck also Wolves don't have much of the MLE left

That's right, Kek. If we open up a roster spot by waiving Naz, the most we could offer would be a BAE deal starting at around $4M per years and I think BAEs are limited to 2-years.

I fully expect the Wolves to trade for one of the following bigs: Gobert, Capela, Myles Turner, Mitchell Robinson or Richaun Holmes. I think the outgoing assets will include Beasley and Naz. Might also include a protected 1st round pick as well or maybe Spagnolo.

Capela would probably be my first choice, but I think he's the least likely because the Hawks seem determined to trade Collins and I don't see them going into the season with Okongwu as their main big. I'm hoping it's not Gobert, but I think that's more likely than Capela. I think the most likely is Myles Turner.

60WinTim wrote:A Dlo/Beasley/Vando swap for Conely/Gobert would look pretty sweet right now! Just sayin'...

Add on multiple lightly-protected future first-round picks from Minnesota and maybe Utah will give us the opportunity to pay Rudy Gobert $40-million through his age-33 season. There's way more inherited risk in that trade than what is currently being acknowledged here.