Let's Try To Make Some Sense Out of All This

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Let's Try To Make Some Sense Out of All This

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Decided to go get a workout in. Didn't think much of the day's activity during the workout because I was a bit spent. Got into my car and ready to drive away when it hit me: We spent our trade deadline day trying to convince a 38 year old asshole to waive a no trade clause. Now mind you, it wasn't a very important day in the history of the franchise (sarcasm). Fact is it could have been a signature day, if not just for this current rebuild but the entire history of the club.

We didn't move Neal. We didn't move Bud. We apparently didn't even consider moving Martin or Pek. No, we spent our day trying to convince Kevin Garnett to come back for the "It could be worse tour 2015".

Oh Goooooooood.

While the rest of the league actually tried to get better, (and several teams managed to despite beng in a less advantageous position than us) we did what amounts to absolutely nothing.

I've never seen this happen before in the NBA. A team that EVERYONE knows should be in a total rebuild, held on to several players who don't figure much at all in the teams' future. We basically took the day off as if it was a league holiday and watched the proceedings.

So now we have the young brigade:
Wiggins: Development stunted because he will be sacrificing shot opportunities to the likes of Kmart
Lavine: Development stunted because he probably isn't going to see the court very much
Bazz: Who the hell knows what his role will be
Dieng: Has basically been told you will be a key when Pek gets hurt again, but other than that sit down and be happy
Payne / Bennett: You would think Thad leaving opens up PT, but KG is going to play half the game. How much more opportunity can there be to split?

And the vet / geezer troop:
Garnett: Solid teammate, but for up to two more years?
Pek: Good player but one bad break away from retirement
Martin: Would have fit really nicely on a contender. Last time I checked that's not us.

In conclusion, can someone smarter than me please explain to me what the fuck the plan is?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Let's Try To Make Some Sense Out of All This

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I have no clue what the plan is. And frankly, I hate whatever the plan actually is (if there even is one) if it involves essentially turning two first rounders into KG and Payne.

I've seen some people on Twitter and on this board say: "Well, Thad's camp was strongly considering opting out so at least we got something for him." Are you hearing yourself when you say that? Say it out loud and actually think about what the fuck that means. If Thad's camp told Flip he was leaving, then why is it that all we got for an expiring, which Thad would be at that point... was another expiring. Not only that, but we didn't even dump Budinger in the damn trade OR get a pick of some kind. If we got KG to be our mentor for Okafor/Towns, which actually seems like a decent idea from a basketball standpoint, then why didn't Flip just hide his woody for KG during the remainder of the season and just sign his ass as a FA? None of this is logical thinking.

First round picks and young players were flying all over the place today and we got nothing. We got older, though. Yippee. And while Garnett can display intensity and help the young guys (Wiggins and LaVine mainly) play with more passion, he can't actually help them develop because he doesn't actually play their position. Garnett's "mentoring" would be useful when we have one of Okafor/Towns on this team to teach them what he knows as a big.

Giving away Brewer was accepted. Giving away a 1st for a 24-year old rookie who had proven nothing was accepted. This trade is not only being accepted, but some of you are actually thrilled about it! What the actual fuck.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Thanks Cam. I appreciate the frustration because I am one bewildered and disillusioned fan.

Last week after an overly optimistic post, I asked with tongue in cheek how we were going to screw this up. I just didn't think I would be seeing the answer so quickly.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

We didn't move Neal. We didn't move Bud.--
-I imagine we tried, no takers. As for KMart, Flip said "he's more valuble to us". That means Flip tried and didn't get shit for offers. Bud is a bad contract, period.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

papalrep wrote:We didn't move Neal. We didn't move Bud.--
-I imagine we tried, no takers. As for KMart, Flip said "he's more valuble to us". That means Flip tried and didn't get shit for offers. Bud is a bad contract, period.

So your excellency, you are giving Flip a pass for today?
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

Asked about trading that Miami 1st pick basically for KG, Flip guaranteed KG will have more impact than that pick ever will have
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

alexftbl8181 wrote:Asked about trading that Miami 1st pick basically for KG, Flip guaranteed KG will have more impact than that pick ever will have

Oh Gooooooooood
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:Asked about trading that Miami 1st pick basically for KG, Flip guaranteed KG will have more impact than that pick ever will have

Oh Gooooooooood

Flip is sounding like a bandwagon fan that hasn't watched the Wolves since KG left.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

Cool - So your excellency, you are giving Flip a pass for today?

WELLL, no but, but - really did anyone expect Bud to be moved? He has how many years left and cant play. Just trying to be realistic here. It's not like we had any great chips we wanted to move
maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701]

Post by maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701] »

Why Flip made the move.

Its pretty easy to figure out that Thad was going to OPT IN @9-10million next year. In my opinion thats not what you want on a re-building team.

This deal says good-bye to an overpaid sub-par PF that will not make us a playoff team. Save the 10 million for next year.

In exchange, in comes KG. His deal ends after this year.....Its likely we re-sign him for a reasonable extension....(less than 3mil per year for 1 or 2 more) Now we have energetic vet, HOF mentor, who can get a look at his team of the future.....KG will be owner in a few years.

No other deals were there for the taking that yielded what this deal yields. Stauskas?? no thanks.

Flip knows that we have enough young talent to look at for 2-3 years and its time to put teachers and mentors around them. How many more 1st round picks, 2-3 years removed from the draft do you want on the team boys? We already have 6..and a 7th coming.
Wig, Dieng, Zach, Payne, AB, bazz next years first.......

Time to mix in some vets.......KG is #1 on my list for that and it looks like he's embraced this move so better yet.....