You know when things have gotten out of control when

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: You know when things have gotten out of control when

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I think they're a playoff team and made huge strides this offseason, but I didn't agree with the old Pistons comparison. That's all. And I don't see any of Chauncey in Jennings. You can try and make him like Chauncey, but Jennings' BBIQ will never be like Chauncey's and that's all it takes to separate the two. I love Drummond. Wish we could have him. He has a very bright future. Needs to get that FT% way higher though. Yikes.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I don't disagree with you on Jennings really I was just saying its a good situation for him to actually maximize his talents. Keep in mind Chancey was an injury prone guy that was kind of a lost top pick then McHale signed him to play SG over some other guys and Flip was probably part of his success as well. He wasn't knowe as a defender either then he went to the Pistons and well the rest is history. Not saying Jennings is Billups cause yeah shot selection is awful but like I said its actually a good scenario for the 23 year old PG to get the most out of his talents. I wouldn't bet on it though I think Jennings has issues like ego etc.

LOL on Drummond at the FT line he needs work there for sure. I'd live with all that if he can harness that defensive talent. I watch highlights where he pick Wade twice just a few possessions apart. It would be fun to see a defender like Ben Wallace again.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Good discussion on the pistons cam and monster..

Personally, I am very intrigue by detroit right now. Smith,monroe and drummond is a domoninant defensive frontcourt and a dominant rebounding frontcourt. They will have spacing issues but smith and monroe are good passers for bigs and it could work. We played a kg,joe smith,rasho starting front court in 1 season with wally at the sg and we had a great start in that season.

Jennings is a nice addition for them. Dont think he is similar to billups but having chauncey as a mentor would certainly help him. Actually, I think brandon knight is a similar type of player to billups, same size, same tweener status.

Drummond is the guy that would be great in a few years. he has twice the talent ben wallace has and could be the next great center.

Back in the 2012 draft, I wanted us to trade Dw to the kings(5th pick) or warriors(7th pick) in order to draft drummond or barnes. That would have make sense for kings and gs considering who they drafted respectively. Some posters thought i was out of my mind then. Imagine if we had drummond, pek wont be as important as he is now or we would have a legit sf now(if we drafted barnes). Anywyay, detroit is looking really good right now. Consider they have 2 big expiring(stuckey and villanueva) that would allow them to make moves this coming season. They are in good shape
sota41if3 [enjin:6770819]

Post by sota41if3 [enjin:6770819] »

Jennings is literally garbage. I would stop watching basketball if the Timberwolves signed him. 8 million is too much
secrules2 [enjin:6669150]

Post by secrules2 [enjin:6669150] »

I think Wall has superstar potential so I think they had to sign him to that. PG's usually (not always) get paid fat cash and a team like the Wiz needed to keep him.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

Just wait for the laughs when the Wolves give Rubio the max

Ricky will be maxed and I won't laugh. What point guard would you trade him for? Kyrie. Maybe
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

The ONLY PG I'd trade Ricky for is Derrick Rose. That's it.
Monster

Post by Monster »

sota41if3 wrote:Jennings is literally garbage. I would stop watching basketball if the Timberwolves signed him. 8 million is too much

Just for the record I basically agree with this. My good friend who is a Bucks fan and he HATES Jennings game maybe more than I do if thats actually possible.