KFAN Rube Chat- R.I.P.

Discussion about general topics
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

KFAN Rube Chat- R.I.P.

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Rumor is that Rubechat is going the way of the old ESPN forum and boarding up the windows, so a lot of local sports fans will be looking for a new home. Question: should we extend an invitation for them to join us? I'm inclined to say no, because there are too many jackasses and bits over there. On the other hand, I read the board (I don't participate) because there are several connected people over there. In particular, there are some very knowledgeable Twins fans on Rubechat, and we haven't been able to generate much baseball discussion on this board.

This question may be irrelevant, because they may already know about this forum and may migrate anyway. But if not, what do people think about encouraging some immigration?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: KFAN Rube Chat- R.I.P.

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I'd say yes. More posters, more topics, more discussions. I can remember a couple times where our game threads were very quiet on several occations and maybe with more people, that wouldn't happen. And that's not to take away from everyone here. I know people get busy and have lives to live. Maybe we catch a couple posters who know people within the organization and can get us some interesting tidbits like Lip does from time to time.

Like you said, it'd also be nice to get some more activity on the Twins boards. I think for the most part it's only been LST, jester, Jason and myself that regularly discuss the Twins. The more the merrier in that regard.