Official 2016 Draft Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: Official 2016 Draft Thread

Post by thedoper »

How about a superdeal involving Shabazz? And I am a big Bazz guy. I have to admit I am getting less and less excited about this draft class.

Bazz + our pick for Julius Randle and Russell.

Puts Bazz back likely where he wants to be, gives them a chance at a full scale rebuild with 2 picks this year. I know people are down on Russell. But I really like Randle for us, he is undersized but a bruiser.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

thedoper wrote:How about a superdeal involving Shabazz? And I am a big Bazz guy. I have to admit I am getting less and less excited about this draft class.

Puts Bazz back likely where he wants to be, gives them a chance at a full scale rebuild with 2 picks this year. I know people are down on Russell. But I really like Randle for us, he is undersized but a bruiser.

You know I like Randle and Russell, but it depends on what pick we're talking about. If it's No. 1 or No. 2, then I'm not feeling it. Quality over quantity.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Camden wrote:
thedoper wrote:How about a superdeal involving Shabazz? And I am a big Bazz guy. I have to admit I am getting less and less excited about this draft class.

You know I like Randle and Russell, but it depends on what pick we're talking about. If it's No. 1 or No. 2, then I'm not feeling it. Quality over quantity.

Obviously not a perfect deal, but I was trying to think of the type of player I would want or be willing to replace Bazz with. Randle seems to be a guy that would fill that firery role. Bazz alone wouldn't be enough to make it happen and LA is reeling likely. If they do deal Bazz, I hope it isn't just for a rotation guy but would really upgrading our opportunity.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I don't see Russell being a guy who's gonna be ok coming off the bench for long which is where he would most likely be here at least until Ricky's deal is up. I'd rather get Clarkson and Randle and get a first from them next year. Top 2 and Bazz for Clarkson, Randle and an unprotected pick next year.

"NBA buyout to free Dragan Bender, source said, over $1 million. He is done with Europe, not a draft-and-stash."

Wow. I guess I need to take another look at this kid. A big part of my not wanting him was because he was rumored to stay overseas for several more years.

Not sure where to put this, but Hinkie's been let go. It's about time. All those deals and collected assets and pretty much nothing to show for them.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Camden wrote:Not sure where to put this, but Hinkie's been let go. It's about time. All those deals and collected assets and pretty much nothing to show for them.

Officially it's a resignation (not trying to split hairs - he probably was told to quit). Yeah...you can see why everyone wants to "win now". It seems like you get two years to show something or your gone:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15150185/sam-hinkie-steps-philadelphia-76ers-general-manager-president-basketball-operations

There's not a lot of long term planning/building anymore.

I don't think his vision was terrible (tanking, taking advantage of NBA lottery rules as is). I just think he didn't execute enough with the high picks he had. It always comes down to drafting. You can have the No. 1 pick year after year, but it means nothing if you select the wrong players.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Camden wrote:I don't think his vision was terrible (tanking, taking advantage of NBA lottery rules as is). I just think he didn't execute enough with the high picks he had. It always comes down to drafting. You can have the No. 1 pick year after year, but it means nothing if you select the wrong players.

True. I don't remember the whole history, but I believe Embiid was supposed to be ready this year and that could have changed things. Injuries can derail a Franchise just as fast as bad drafting. Anyway, it was an interesting thing to watch. Now he's gunning for Milt's job! J/K!
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

You don't get to be a bottom team for 3 straight years, draft 3 Centers and have an outlook just as grim as when you started and keep your job. You have to show some type of improvement and they've shown none.