Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Official 2016 Offseasont Thread (Free Agents/Trades/Front Office Moves)

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Mikkeman wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
SameOldNudityDrew wrote:Rumors Noah wants to leave Bulls. Not surprising. Would be a good fit here. If he could get mostly or even partway back to old form, he'd be a good pickup, IMO.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242018/Joakim-Noah-Telling-Teammates-Hes-Leaving-Bulls-Doesnt-Trust-Front-Office

Would be a GREAT fit in MIN. Don't overpay, save the biggest deal for Gasol, but great fit.

Why you would want Noah even tough his PER splits are pretty awful (-3.3) and it seems that his game is diminishing rapidly. Last year he still had -0.5 PER splits and year before that +5.9. It is not probable that he would be able to turn that trend. In top of that he is injury prone.

I would want him at the propper price, and I would chose Gasol over him.

"Prone" is a strong word. He has played 64 or more games in 7 of 9 seasons. Last year was a bad year, no argument. But he has a track record, so why would he not be able to "turn that trend"?

And why would you call me out and not the person who originally posted it? Did you agree until you found out I did?

I'm going to assume he quoted your post because you use PER split, often times arrogantly, regardless of basketball context. And as someone who routinely argues for PER split, it's surprising that you're in favor of bringing over Noah considering his last two seasons. That would be my guess as to why Mikkeman responded to you instead of SameOldDrew. He may correct me if I'm wrong.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

leaving this here.

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-bismack-biyombo-could-receive-60-million-contract-this-summer/2016/05/26/
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Camden wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Mikkeman wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
SameOldNudityDrew wrote:Rumors Noah wants to leave Bulls. Not surprising. Would be a good fit here. If he could get mostly or even partway back to old form, he'd be a good pickup, IMO.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242018/Joakim-Noah-Telling-Teammates-Hes-Leaving-Bulls-Doesnt-Trust-Front-Office

Would be a GREAT fit in MIN. Don't overpay, save the biggest deal for Gasol, but great fit.

Why you would want Noah even tough his PER splits are pretty awful (-3.3) and it seems that his game is diminishing rapidly. Last year he still had -0.5 PER splits and year before that +5.9. It is not probable that he would be able to turn that trend. In top of that he is injury prone.

I would want him at the propper price, and I would chose Gasol over him.

"Prone" is a strong word. He has played 64 or more games in 7 of 9 seasons. Last year was a bad year, no argument. But he has a track record, so why would he not be able to "turn that trend"?

And why would you call me out and not the person who originally posted it? Did you agree until you found out I did?

I'm going to assume he quoted your post because you use PER split, often times arrogantly, regardless of basketball context. And as someone who routinely argues for PER split, it's surprising that you're in favor of bringing over Noah considering his last two seasons. That would be my guess as to why Mikkeman responded to you instead of SameOldDrew. He may correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok, a few things.
1. His PER split from two seasons ago is better than Biyombo's this year.
2. If my choices are a Sabermetric in which I use VERY consistently, or "guy on a board" which is based on "Player X seems like an a-hole" and other "arrogant" junior-high-level logic, guess which one I'm picking?
3. It's cyberspace. You have all the room you want. Go ahead and explain your context.
4. Once again, was it a good idea until I said it was and then became a bad one? Why is it only sometimes a bad idea? And does his new team have to pay him on the days where it is a bad idea?

If you don't like his age, or you think this latest injury is somehow going to be chronic, then say so. Give some "context". But to say no based on faulty logic, or to then favor a never-was, makes ZERO sense.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I would trade the 5th pick for either of these guys.

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/chad-ford-high-likelihood-sixers-trade-jahlil-okafor-or-nerlens-noel

bleedspeed177 wrote:I would trade the 5th pick for either of these guys.

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/chad-ford-high-likelihood-sixers-trade-jahlil-okafor-or-nerlens-noel

I like Okafor, and I'm rooting for him, but you can't give up the #5 pick for a 19 year old coming off a DUI. Never mind whether or not this is a lingering problem and he is therefore a bust, the public relations of the move would be a disaster in the near term.

Nothing new to say on Noel. He still only has one year left on his rookie deal.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Tyus would keep him in check. I think him and Towns would just dominate teams. I see him as a better rish then Cousins for sure.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/demarcus_cousins_vs_jahlil_okafor.htm
Monster

Post by Monster »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:

I like Okafor, and I'm rooting for him, but you can't give up the #5 pick for a 19 year old coming off a DUI. Never mind whether or not this is a lingering problem and he is therefore a bust, the public relations of the move would be a disaster in the near term.

I couldn't find anything about a DUI. There was the troubling reckless driving and his issues with fans or whatever but no DUI.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I'll just say that it's hard to take Ford's comments here seriously when he says "It makes sense to..." And "If I were..." I do t want to dismiss him completely but yeah.

Okafor for #5 to me is a no brainer value wise but I worry about his issues last year and I wonder about him playing next to Towns a bit although there is certainly a way that could work. I don't see that deal happening. I would think either Boston or the Suns would be interested in that deal of it were offered.

bleedspeed177 wrote:Tyus would keep him in check. I think him and Towns would just dominate teams. I see him as a better rish then Cousins for sure.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/demarcus_cousins_vs_jahlil_okafor.htm

Ok, a couple of things.
1. So you are investing a #5 pick and millions of dollars to a guy who may only be able to stop drinking if a guy he's known for less than two years is in the room? And then how does that effect decisions regarding Tyus going forward? If he says he needs max deal or he's leaving and won't stop Okafor from drinking anymore, do you give him one?
2. What is this "rish" I mean "risk" I keep hearing about with Cousins? That he might accidentally average 27 and 12? That he might accidentally get a +7.4 PER split at Center? So he yelled at some coaches. Let's review. Callipari is a jerk who is proud of his ability to intimidate 18-year-olds and who was ABSOLUTELY called out by Jason Williams when coaching the Nets? I am not saying Williams is a role model, but read the stories about Cal from his book and tell me he is wrong. I am not going to go through each of the has-beens and never-weres he had in SAC, but from everything I read, the only one who made the effort was Malone, and they had a great relationship.

Once again, if you are going to have a good basketball team, you have to get guys who play good basketball, and they need to stay sober.

monsterpile wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

I couldn't find anything about a DUI. There was the troubling reckless driving and his issues with fans or whatever but no DUI.

My mistake on the actual charge, but I am almost positive alcohol was involved.