Bulls@Wolves GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Bulls@Wolves GDT

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

thedoper wrote:Is our D good? Seems like it.

Covington is a one-man wrecking crew. I thought Butler was good defensively, but RoCo is on a different level. He might be the best all around defensive wing in the NBA. He does so much awesome stuff off his own man too, like diving down into the paint and breaking up plays and tying people up.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

It is amazing we won with our two wings going 1-30. Has anyone ever seen anything like that!? But as Benz said, RoCo was STILL a net positive despite his horrid shooting performance. Wigs on the other hand....
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Nice having a defense and a bench this year.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

crazy-canuck wrote:Nice having a defense and a bench this year.

Now imagine what it'd be like to have a real coach and Wiggins $25M to spend on someone that could be counted on to be a net positive on a regular basis.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

How is there nobody in this organization that can tell Thibs to pull his head out of his ass with these end of the game minutes in double digit victories? It's the dumbest thing to watch the other coach give up on a game and bench his starters only to see Thibs leave his in for no fucking reason. If I'm Towns I'm just subbing myself out and telling Thibs to fuck himself on the way to the bench. Act like you've won a game up big before and lose the desperation he always has to win every game.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

khans2k5 wrote:How is there nobody in this organization that can tell Thibs to pull his head out of his ass with these end of the game minutes in double digit victories? It's the dumbest thing to watch the other coach give up on a game and bench his starters only to see Thibs leave his in for no fucking reason. If I'm Towns I'm just subbing myself out and telling Thibs to fuck himself on the way to the bench. Act like you've won a game up big before and lose the desperation he always has to win every game.

Thibs is trying to break the all-time record for starter minutes. We're winning in spite of him.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Thibs was asked what he meant by talking about wiggins contributing to the win and he brought up us winning and how he sacrificed for the team. What on gods green earth does 0 of 12 with 1 reb and 1 assist mean for sacrificing. Watch him com down and stand there and wait to take some shitty ass shot. Will have to start calling wiggins mother theresa for all that he sacrifices.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Whoa. Woe. Abe's Late Night DVR Viewing...

- So... the wings combined to shoot 1 - 30 as we all know. But the more amazing thing is how one guy who sucked balls offensively still can contribute... while the other guy proves (once again) how he contributes next to nothing if he's not scoring.

- The shot selection in the first half was atrocious... Covington took several shots where it looked like he was committed to shooting before he caught it. It's not his game... don't do that. Yuck.

- Two plays stood out to me in this one... and they show what's wrong with the Wolves two highest plaid players:

1. Wiggins (ok, ok... there are several of them... but stick with me here, it's about more than a missed shot...) The Bulls switched and Towns had LaVine (TERRIBLE defender and tiny) behind him. KAT was literally standing under the basket calling for the ball for the obvious mismatch. Wiggins didn't pass it. Instead, he tried to make a move (probably to take a contested 17 footer) and traveled. KAT should be pissed. Everybody associated with the Wolves should have been pissed... or embarrassed.

2. KAT does dumb stuff like he's a precocious 8 year old kid. In the 3rd quarter, somebody drove to the hoop and missed a shot. KAT wasn't quite there for the rebound... but jumped after the Bulls cleared it and basically landed out of bounds... 15 feet behind the play. Fast forward 6 seconds to the other end of the court and Jabari Parker is putting in a layup because KAT couldn't get back into the play. Some teams purposely avoid offensive rebounds to get back on defense. KAT took himself out of the play for no apparent reason... just because.
DUMB.

- The Bulls are terrible. Awful. Atrocious. Just really really bad.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

crazysauce wrote:Thibs was asked what he meant by talking about wiggins contributing to the win and he brought up us winning and how he sacrificed for the team. What on gods green earth does 0 of 12 with 1 reb and 1 assist mean for sacrificing. Watch him com down and stand there and wait to take some shitty ass shot. Will have to start calling wiggins mother theresa for all that he sacrifices.

He also said he kept the guys in at the end because they were in a rhythm. I just don't understand the stupidity.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

If Thibs wasn't interested in using his bench when he had a long term interest in this team I doubt he's gonna care now that he's probably on his way out. Having said that it doesn't make for a good resume for future employment