Thibs FIred

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Thibs FIred

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Q12543 wrote:What interesting is that the Wolves are actually a pretty good team at home. The regulars have seen a lot of wins in Target Center the last 1.5 seasons. But...."JESUS CHRIST!!!" and "'C'MON!!!!" and "SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE!!!" along with stylistically not the most fun game to watch combined with a few terrible losses to inferior teams....and, yeah, there ya have it.

In the end, the Wolves 2nd most "successful" coach will go down as one of the least liked?

That's Wolves history for you. We're not allowed to have (m)any nice things.

Yup. I was all for the hiring at the time as I thought he would help bring us the defense and toughness this franchise really needed, while also hoping that his one year sabbatical and NBA coaching tour would have rounded out some of the rough edges. But he ended up reverting to almost a caricature of who he was in Chicago despite working in a different NBA and in a different capacity since he had front office responsibilities too. He clearly didn't adapt.

Buuut....the reality is we are seeing a bit more toughness and defense from this team....finally......albeit unevenly. May be he has helped drill in some good habits (?) that will carry through to the next coach.

I'd like to think there were some good things he did in both capacities that carry over into future years.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Good conversation here guys. I feel it's always good to have hope for a brighter future. As fans a shot in the arm like this can help to regenerate some interest. Unfortunately for Ryan the honeymoon is going to be short unless he can get some wins early on. I'm really pulling for him and looking forward to what changes we will see.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Q12543 wrote:What interesting is that the Wolves are actually a pretty good team at home. The regulars have seen a lot of wins in Target Center the last 1.5 seasons. But...."JESUS CHRIST!!!" and "'C'MON!!!!" and "SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE!!!" along with stylistically not the most fun game to watch combined with a few terrible losses to inferior teams....and, yeah, there ya have it.

In the end, the Wolves 2nd most "successful" coach will go down as one of the least liked?

That's Wolves history for you. We're not allowed to have (m)any nice things.

So yeah has anyone other than Flip coached this team for a full 3 seasons?