Thibs FIred

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: Thibs FIred

Post by thedoper »

I'm glad Saunders is getting a shot. I hope he does well.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

So . . . I guess i don't mind the trial by fire application (make the playoffs and the job is yours).

Would have liked to see Jerry Stackhouse come here in off season.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

leado01 wrote:So . . . I guess i don't mind the trial by fire application (make the playoffs and the job is yours).

Glenn just fired Thibs after two of the better games of the season, expecting him to suddenly do something that makes sense is asking too much.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Apparently Taylor wanted to give Thibs an "appropriate" amount of time with the team following the Butler trade. 27 games (a third of a season?) must be the number of games he wanted to wait...
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

My best Christmas present, though a bit late. Best news for this franchise since drafting KAT. Now, I have reason to watch the Wolves again. I like Ryan as interim coach. I hope Freddy is new GM and we conduct a search after the season for a permanent head coach, unless Ryan knocks it out of the park.
worldK

Post by worldK »

TheSP wrote:
leado01 wrote:So . . . I guess i don't mind the trial by fire application (make the playoffs and the job is yours).

Glenn just fired Thibs after two of the better games of the season, expecting him to suddenly do something that makes sense is asking too much.

Majority wanted thibs fired before this season. Thibs got fired and some complain about the timing? It doesnt matter if this comnes after 2 blowout wins. We beat two teams we ares upposed to beat anyway. It does not erased the fact that we lost to the hawks, suns etc. Taylor gave thibs a chance to start the season with butler and right the ship. That failed. He gave thibs a 3rd of the season after the butler trade to evaluate him. He clearly was not impressed and I would say majority of us still want him gone. So he fired him. Simple as that. Letting greer go makes it clear he did not want any of thibs philosophy staying. he wanted a fresh start.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Thibs constant yelling must have been too much to bear.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Forward thinking progressive minds.

Have a list. a long list.

whoever the new GM recommends, go for it, but dammit, do not hire Hoiberg solely off familiarity.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

60WinTim wrote:Apparently Taylor wanted to give Thibs an "appropriate" amount of time with the team following the Butler trade. 27 games (a third of a season?) must be the number of games he wanted to wait...

And we went 15-12 in those 27 games

With Cov missing 4 games, Teague missed 9 games and Rose missed 6 games
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

It feels like a big weight has been lifted off this franchises shoulders. Timing was off as it was far too late.

Excited to see what Ryan can do. I think a younger coach is exactly what our roster needs. Now lets play a fast pace offense and get this team running, instead of a slow obsolete Thibs iso ball.