Wolves Hire Thibs

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Wolves Hire Thibs

Post by Lipoli390 »

The decision has been made and its Thibs!
Phenom

Re: Wolves Hire Thibs

Post by Phenom »

Playoffs or bust. No excuses.
Mstermisty [enjin:6864008]

Post by Mstermisty [enjin:6864008] »

Joerger was my #1 if attainable but this is a great hire. Especially excited to see how our overall defense benefits. We're comin'.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

I'm all on board. No complaints here. Let's build a quality bench and make it to the playoffs.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Not the decision I would have made. I just hope Glen pushed hard and got credible assurances from him that he would show some flexibility and dial down his intensity. Otherwise, I fear he'll wear our players down physically and mentally and ultimately alienate some or all of them within a couple years.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Anybody know when the intro pressed will be? This is one of my favorite days as a Wolves fan.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:Not the decision I would have made. I just hope Glen pushed hard and got credible assurances from him that he would show some flexibility and dial down his intensity. Otherwise, I fear he'll wear our players down physically and mentally and ultimately alienate some or all of them within a couple years.

Lip I feel better knowing that a legit NBA executive that's basically endorsed but Thibs in Scott Layden is coming on with Thibs. I just don't see Thibs wanting a total yes man type and Layden has plenty of chops to make his case even if Thibs has the final say over things.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Not the decision I would have made. I just hope Glen pushed hard and got credible assurances from him that he would show some flexibility and dial down his intensity. Otherwise, I fear he'll wear our players down physically and mentally and ultimately alienate some or all of them within a couple years.

Lip I feel better knowing that a legit NBA executive that's basically endorsed but Thibs in Scott Layden is coming on with Thibs. I just don't see Thibs wanting a total yes man type and Layden has plenty of chops to make his case even if Thibs has the final say over things.

Initially, my biggest worry was the POBO angle. The Layden hiring (even with his NY tenure being less than mediocre) alleviates that a bit.

Now, you guys got me all scared about Thibodeau bruising egos and destroying chemistry sets and stuff.

Let me be optimistic FOR ONCE!!!!!!
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Wow. Power couple. We are a legit franchise. Maybe this was Taylor's last play before selling? He is set to make a pretty penny on his 80 million dollar investment.

Go Wolves!!!
Monster

Post by Monster »

thedoper wrote:Wow. Power couple. We are a legit franchise. Maybe this was Taylor's last play before selling? He is set to make a pretty penny on his 80 million dollar investment.

Go Wolves!!!

I've thought about this very angle a few times. How much more does this franchise seem like it's worth now with a top HC and a legit experienced basketball executive? If these guys get this team in the playoffs next year Glen will be looking good and so will the price of his team.