Other teams we're excited to watch

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed

Re: Other teams we're excited to watch

Post by bleedspeed »

I am excited to see the Bucks team next year.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I am excited to see the Bucks team next year.

Yeah me too. My friend that's from Racine was actually sounding excited about the Bucks today when he was texting me after they got Monroe. I've known him for like 15 years and I'm not sure if he has ever sounded that relatively excited about the Bucks. Lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

I feel kinda bad but I am looking forward to seeing how some of these teams become train wrecks this year like Sactown, the Lakers, Sixers and the Knicks.
12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537]

Post by 12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537] »

The Kings in particular. At least the others you mentioned have some sort of plan in place. The Lakers actually can bounce back relatively quickly with what seem to be sound building blocks in Randle and Russell ( Nance Jr. doesn't do much for me). The Sixers seem to have a solid core building after yesterday's trade with the Kings. The backcourt is a mystery, but I like Stauskas, Noel, and Okafor at 3-5. I think Stauskas will be instrumental for floor spacing, but he really has to improve on a horrible rookie year. The Knicks gave Melo some promising pieces down the road in Zingas and Grant. I see nothing on the Kings that I can honestly say is a long term fixture in that franchise. The coach is a question mark, Boogie is on the trade block, and Stein would be smart to leave Sacramento after his rookie contract expires.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

Portland will be a disaster too. No team has been hurt worse this offseason. They lose 4 of their top 5 guys in LMA, Batum, Wes Matthews and Robin Lopez. Lillard can't carry them alone.

Edit: Its even worse--they lose 5 key guys, I forget they are losing Afflalo too.
whatdtcom [enjin:6685945]

Post by whatdtcom [enjin:6685945] »

I'm super excited and smirk when I see those Lakers and NY fans always thinking that players are going to their teams because of what their respective cities have to offer them.

The Miami thing was just pure luck that some guy----King James---was there to carry the team.

Love it that Aldridge is bypassing the Lakers for perhaps the Suns or Spurs. But love it even more that we finally have a core group of guys that WANT to build something here!

It's a good time to be a Wolves fan!
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

TeamRicky wrote:Portland will be a disaster too. No team has been hurt worse this offseason. They lose 4 of their top 5 guys in LMA, Batum, Wes Matthews and Robin Lopez. Dillard can't carry them alone.

Portland actually recovered pretty well for losing everything they did. They picked up Mason Plumlee, Vonleh and Aminu. They probably should have jumped on the Kings trade and absorbed Landry and Thompson to get Stauskas. They'll be bad for the short term, but Lillard is locked up so a little lottery luck gets them right back in it in 2-3 years. It really depends on your opinion of Vonleh though. Plumlee is a solid 5. Aminu is a great defender. Lillard is a star. They basically need another Wes at the 2 and Vonleh needs to step up as their go to big man and they'd be fine.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

Portland has to rebuild and will be pretty bad this year. Maybe they can finish ahead of Denver and the Lakers but that's probably it.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

monsterpile wrote:I feel kinda bad but I am looking forward to seeing how some of these teams become train wrecks this year like Sactown, the Lakers, Sixers and the Knicks.

Of those teams I see only the Kings as a team with nothing to look forward to. The other 3 have some exciting young talent to at least give hope.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Portland got Ed Davis too. They have added talent the problem is that Wes Matthews and LMA (if he leaves) are a cut above the guys that have come in this offseason. The good news for the Blazers is they have a bunch of young talent they are basically already rebuilding. The only remotely old guy they have is Kamen and the only big contract they have right now will be Lilliard.