FA Predictions

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Re: FA Predictions

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Agree SJM. But the media keeps telling me that the lakers and knicks are they only teams we should care about.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

When's the next Boston vs. NY baseball series?

I cannot wait!!!
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:When's the next Boston vs. NY baseball series?

I cannot wait!!!

The whole country stands still during those games.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

This one is even better

omerome wrote:

Normalyute wrote:
Cap space without tax breaks = no marquee FA, That's the sad reality.

The NBA really should have a flat salary system across all teams. A 15M contract in NY would be the same as a 15M contract in San Antonio.

It's so ridiculous

Didn't seem to be problem when the Knicks had a $122 million payroll while most others had around 50. What happen to the desirability of NY and all the endorsement money! :)
Hicks123 [enjin:6700838]

Post by Hicks123 [enjin:6700838] »

I almost wanted to see the Knicks waste $110MM on Monroe.....but it makes me feel even better that he turned down money NOT to go there.
12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537]

Post by 12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537] »

Watch out for Milwaukee next year. They made the Bulls work for the second round this year, and this was without the new face of the franchise in Jabari Parker. You add him back and throw Monroe into the mix, along with an improved young core, and you're looking at a completely different team. You can quote me on this, the Milwaukee Bucks will win at least 53 games this year as long as Kidd doesn't pull anything like his Brooklyn antics.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

MCW
Middleton
Parker
Giannis
Monroe
Pachulia

Do they have their eyes on any shooters? That seems like the red flag here...
GymRat [enjin:6592663]

Post by GymRat [enjin:6592663] »

I think a key point in this era of player movement is in years past a place like LA or NY had a certain mystique about it because you had no idea what the reality was. These are/were big cities with winning histories (not NY really), and players assumed these were desirable places to live and play. I think players are much more connected with one another, and information is so readily available, the mystique/shine of these places is no longer as meaningful. You know what you're going to get when you play in NY or LA. You can see how these teams are run and constructed, plus everyone is friends with everyone and you can get inside scoops. It puts all teams on a more even playing field.

Players obviously want to make as much money as possible since careers are relatively short, and there are those who are willing to take money above all else, but I believe a larger share of players weigh all of the variables and pick the right balance for them (lifestyle, money, security, playing opportunity, chance to win, family, location/community, etc.).

You can see this playing out all over the NBA so far. Big markets are being eschewed for smaller markets where the other variables create a more worthwhile opportunity. Monroe is just one example of this, and just about every Cavs signing so far is as well. People aren't just going to pick LA or NY because those cities toot their own horns for being so awesome. Players can be happy anywhere and I think they're starting to, as a whole, realize the truth in that.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

To be fair, LeBron James is about the only reason anybody needs to play in Cleveland.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

If Russell and Porzingis turn out to be very good players the Lakers and the Knicks will do just fine attracting free agents. There isn't much of an attraction to playing with an old Kobe or Carmelo. Monroe made a basketball decision. Same with Aldridge. Guys don't want to go to a struggling team. In 3 years we will be an attractive landing spot provided Wiggins and Towns develop. You can't rely on free agency to build teams anymore.