Minnesota Cap Situation

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Minnesota Cap Situation

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

I posted this over at FanNation, but I am not a fan of that site, so I am going to repost it here. (The edit button changes everything.)

Our current salary.
(H = Cap Hold)
(TPE = Traded Player Exception.)
(R = Rookie)
Kevin Love $14,694,000
Nikola Pekovic (H) $ 8,816,000
Mid-Level-Exception $ 5,150,000
Derrick Williams $ 5,017,000
JJ Barea $ 4,700,000
Luke Ridnour $ 4,320,000
Ricky Rubio $ 3,678,500
Alexey Shved $ 3,066,667
Dante Cunningham $ 2,180,000
Bazz Muhamm* (R) $ 1,573,000
Gorgui Dieng $ 1,130,200
Chris Johnson $ 916,100
Chase Bud (H) $ 884,300
(TPE) $ 762,195

*ed
That would equal about 56,888,000 (I only round upwards, but it is about 15k off), so you get...

That gives you approx 1,725,000 capspace with the MLE of course. (I believe the cap is 58.6MM)

So the Timberwolves can decline the MLE, and sign a seven million dollar free agent assuming we do not get Kirilenko. (That is another story explained in a minute.) It seems we may do that with Kevin Martin.

Though it looks like that, I have a personal preference. My personal hope is the the T-Wolves could get Kevin Martin in a sign and trade with J.J. or Luke, sign AK47, and have the MLE (which is used on Kevin Martin, haha.)

That hope is incredibly unlikely due to one simple fact though. The Timberwolves cut Greg and Gelly, so the means the Timberwolves will most likely just sign Kevin Martin with-out a sign and trade. The only reason you cut a player is for capspace. This would mean the Timberwolves do not have the MLE and AK47's exception**, but would get the mini MLE of 2.65MM

**You are now losing temper on what Andre Kirilenko's exception is, so I will explain. All it means is that the Timberwolves can sign AK for over the cap. Yes, that was anti-climatic, but that is the simple way to put it.

That being said, the best thing that could happen would be us sign-and-trading for Kevin Martin, and signing Kirilenko. KMart got a 4year 28MM contract meaning the 150% trade rule could be used to trade J.J. to the Thunder if they were interested. Then A.K.47 could be resigned using the non-bird rights. I find that the most ideal situation due to the fact that if planned correctly, the T-Wolves would be right under the Luxury Tax. That would leave us with...

Love/Dante/Dwill
AK/Bud/Dwill
Pek/Deing/CJ
KMart/Bazz/Shved
Rubio/(JJ or Luke)/Shved

(MAYBE Brown, but I am not a huge fan. He is Rubio without the passing and defense. Can't shoot for nothing) I would find that pretty exciting. That is a very strong starting line-up, and a VERY deep team.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, or fix my mistakes. I know I repeated myself a lot, but hey, it happens. :P
Extra Note: I put the poll up just to see if it works. Which one people want is pretty obvious, haha.

EDIT: JD, Is there anyway we could move the poll to the top? It is not a huge deal, but it just feels unnatural.

~Jacob C
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Re: Minnesota Cap Situation

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

Oh wow I've never seen it at the bottom on an enjin page tbh lol. Not sure what happened there but I'll look into it.