Poll- Offseason Winner (so far)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Volans19

Poll- Offseason Winner (so far)

Post by Volans19 »

You can select multiple teams based on who you think has done the best job so far. The team who receives the most votes will be the ex-ESPN Wolves forum winner for best offseason. If you think I forgot someone vote in the comments section
MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402]

Re: Poll- Offseason Winner (so far)

Post by MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402] »

Clipper's IMO have done the best so far. From getting Doc Rivers and resigning Chris Paul to getting Reddick, Dudley, and signing Collison will take them from a good team to a great one. If somehow they can get a decent backup big I think they have a chance to win it all.
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

I think that the Nets made the most significant improvement per how far they will go in the post season next year.
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

Nets. Clippers probably had a better one, but the Nets improved the most.
zigzag22 [enjin:6591633]

Post by zigzag22 [enjin:6591633] »

Good arguments for both the Nets and Clippers (and let's not forget the Rockets landed arguably the BEST free agent), but what the Warriors did was really impressive. Not only did they sign Iggy (who is essentially a Swiss-army knife who can bring the ball up when Steph sits or defend positions 1-4), they also completely fixed their salary cap issues by unloading basically all of their gross contracts by giving up 1st round picks. They have established themselves as a top 4 team in the West going forward for more than just next year.
MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402]

Post by MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402] »

It's hard for me to say that the Nets won. The level of talent they received was better but I'm concerned about how much they will improve based on coaching. With the clippers, you know you will have great coaching with Rivers. Kidd although a great player, I just don't know how well of a coach he will be. I guess time will tell. Good arguments for both cases. Forgot about the warriors. They're having a great offseason too.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Nets, Clippers, Warriors and Houston all have improved significantly. Unfortunately for us 3 of those teams play in the same conference as us.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

I don't know who the winner is but I honestly think Houston is the biggest loser! I just don't think Howard has it right between the ears to ever carry a team to a championship. The guy shouldn't need so much hand holding at this point in his career.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

TheSP wrote:I don't know who the winner is but I honestly think Houston is the biggest loser! I just don't think Howard has it right between the ears to ever carry a team to a championship. The guy shouldn't need so much hand holding at this point in his career.

I think McHale will bring the best out of Howard. Plus with Harden creates a pretty dam good 1 - 2 punch. His archilles heal is his free throw shooting though.
worldK

Post by worldK »

I voted for houston. Say what you want about the dwightmare saga, but howard when healthy and motivated, is still the top center in the league.

Add to the fact that the rockets have a legit elite wing player in Harden( you can make a case that he is the best sg right now). A solid up and comer in parsons, a solid pg rotation in lin/beverly/brooks and a quality big in asik(who will get them good value should they trade him). Thats a pretty strong core to me.