Why does everyone want JJ gone

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Why does everyone want JJ gone

Post by kekgeek »

I am confused, JJ is the only guy on the team that can create his shot, I mean the only guy. I know he has his struggles sometimes, but if we need a bucket he can get us one. I will be very sad if he is gone. I would be fine with a ridnour for Brewer trade, or just signing Artest.
KiwiMatt

Re: Why does everyone want JJ gone

Post by KiwiMatt »

kekgeek1 wrote:I am confused, JJ is the only guy on the team that can create his shot, I mean the only guy. I know he has his struggles sometimes, but if we need a bucket he can get us one. I will be very sad if he is gone. I would be fine with a ridnour for Brewer trade, or just signing Artest.

I don't necessarily want J.J gone, I just dont like his contract (4.6 mil) and the fact that he will only play about 12 minutes behind Rubio. He can't co-exist on the court with Rubio as both need the ball in their hands to be effective, so this will limit his minute. We also have a mega logjam at the 2 which we need to sort out and unfortunately others team would probably prefer to take Barea off our hands than Ridnour. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

Personally I like Ridnour better. You're right JJ can create his own shot which is something this team needs, but for every good play he makes he makes two more bad ones. Ridnour is patient and knows what his strengths as a player are (that mid-range jumper of his is beautiful) and Adleman prefers him. If Ridnour leaves I want it to be for more than just a salary dump, I can't say I feel the same about JJ
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Volans19 wrote:Personally I like Ridnour better. You're right JJ can create his own shot which is something this team needs, but for every good play he makes he makes two more bad ones. Ridnour is patient and knows what his strengths as a player are (that mid-range jumper of his is beautiful) and Adleman prefers him. If Ridnour leaves I want it to be for more than just a salary dump, I can't say I feel the same about JJ

+ 1 Volans

Ridnour is also an expiring which will be a pretty good bargaining chip come trade deadline. I don't really mind who stays but one if not both need to go. We just can't afford to pay our back PG's 4 mil EACH, especially when they will probably only 12 - 16 minutes a night.
worldK

Post by worldK »

I hope we keep jj. He is the only player aside from rubio who can create for himself from the perimeter. I like luke a lot too, but his production and value is easier to replace on our current roster than jj.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I prefer JJ to Luke, only because JJ can occasionally take over a game by himself when the 2nd unit is on the floor. He might win you a couple games per year with his ability to score in bunches. But it's a good point about Luke's contract being a positive and something you have to consider.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

In this thread Kevin Martin doesn't exist
Elan24 [enjin:6583971]

Post by Elan24 [enjin:6583971] »

I do like JJ for changing the pace of the game and driving to the hoop and when he gets hot, he gets hot. But I guess I'd rather keep Ridnour due to the contract ending sooner. What if they both went? Can Shved and Brown handle the backup PG?
ace [enjin:6598567]

Post by ace [enjin:6598567] »

I trust Ridnour more in running the offense if Ricky were to go down, but I think Shved will be just as if not more capable than Luke by midseason. JJ is the perfect type of guy to have on a playoff team. He's fiery, competitive, and he can take over a game. He will only play 12-16 minutes in a backup role, but he's a great guy to have when he gets hot. He's like Nate Robinson. If he's not doing well his limited minutes won't hurt you much, but if he catches fire he can win the game by himself.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

He's like Nate Robinson.---Good comparison - a 4.6 million dollar luxury this team can't afford