Russell Westbrook on the trade block

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KiwiMatt

Re: Russell Westbrook on the trade block

Post by KiwiMatt »

No interest in Westbrook.

Adams on the other hand. Get it done Gersson.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:100% chance, not 99.9%, that Westrbrook will not be coming here.

Jon Krawczynski: Rosas spoke broadly on Russell recruitment: "big picture we're always going to be focused on the best available players ... just know whenever those players become available and our fits for our program, we're aggressively looking to acquire those guys" 7 mins ago -

Not saying he's coming but after missing out on DLO might our new GM still try and make a splash? I can't say it won't happen but it wouldn't totally shock me.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

KiwiMatt wrote:No interest in Westbrook.

Kiwi bias!
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Send Wiggins there for a couple of those assets. Let him fade into obscurity . It suits him.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

BizarroJerry wrote:
KiwiMatt wrote:No interest in Westbrook.

Kiwi bias!

Haha maybe just a little bit!

But how good would Adams look setting hard picks and crashing the boards? :)
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Wiggins, Teague, and Dieng for Westbrook, Grant, and Patterson works in terms of salary-matching.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Westbrook fills the hole we have on this team and while I'm not a huge fan if they'd take Wiggins I'd do it. Culver is a good fit next to Russ and same with Covington.
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

khans2k5 wrote:Westbrook fills the hole we have on this team and while I'm not a huge fan if they'd take Wiggins I'd do it. Culver is a good fit next to Russ and same with Covington.

Hi contract is 38mil, 41mil, 43mil, and 45mil over the next 4 years. That it nasty especially for a guy who will be 35 by the end of this.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

slimcalhoun27 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:Westbrook fills the hole we have on this team and while I'm not a huge fan if they'd take Wiggins I'd do it. Culver is a good fit next to Russ and same with Covington.

Hi contract is 38mil, 41mil, 43mil, and 45mil over the next 4 years. That it nasty especially for a guy who will be 35 by the end of this.

Who cares how much money he makes? He at least plays most of the games, puts up insane stats and plays hard. Who else are you spending that money on that's actually better than him? We're the freaking Timberwolves. He'd be the best PG this franchise has ever had paired with the second best big man this franchise has ever had. Wiggins is making 27, 29, 31, 33 in that same time span. Who's the MLE player you combine with Wiggins to get better production than Russ? Seriously where is all this money going? Everyone wants us to keep our cap flexibility and then nobody ever comes here. He's a top 5 PG in the league. What are you saving it for?
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

If we can get rid of Teague and Wiggins and obtain Adams (great defensive and rebounding presence next to KAT), Westbrook (A guy who can get his own shot, and score with the best of them PG), and we shed the apathy of Wiggins? Sign me up. We won't win a championship and it will crash and burn in the end BUT it will solve a good portions of our problems right away and honestly, I'd rather watch the team crash and burn then suck for the next 2 years...