Might as well talk draft....

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BloopOracle

Re: Might as well talk draft....

Post by BloopOracle »

Geez I can't be the only one here who's hyped for us potentially drafting Edwards number one am I?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

BloopOracle wrote:Geez I can't be the only one here who's hyped for us potentially drafting Edwards number one am I?

He's better than alternatives, but not the best available. That's my stance. I'll come around if he figures out what good shots are and if he gives a damn about defense. Ultra talented and gifted, but he's lacking in between the ears right now.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Camden wrote:
BloopOracle wrote:Geez I can't be the only one here who's hyped for us potentially drafting Edwards number one am I?

He's better than alternatives, but not the best available. That's my stance. I'll come around if he figures out what good shots are and if he gives a damn about defense. Ultra talented and gifted, but he's lacking in between the ears right now.

I think there's better alternatives potentially there at 17 than Edwards.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Wiseman says he hasnt heard from the Wolves? That is weird.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Wiseman says he hasnt heard from the Wolves? That is weird.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Im super hyped on it.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

khans2k5 wrote:There better be a trade down if we aren't taking Wiseman. If you aren't taking the clear cut best player in the draft you better get something for him. I'll have no faith in this season if we just take Edwards #1.

I totally agree. Like Crazysauce, I see Edwards as another Dion Waiters. That's not what you want from a #1 pick in the draft.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

lipoli390 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:There better be a trade down if we aren't taking Wiseman. If you aren't taking the clear cut best player in the draft you better get something for him. I'll have no faith in this season if we just take Edwards #1.

I totally agree. Like Crazysauce, I see Edwards as another Dion Waiters. That's not what you want from a #1 pick in the draft.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/duncd-on-basketball-nba-podcast/id986901174#episodeGuid=ed796cca-80d7-4ba5-8f9b-ac750138959f

Mike Schmitz on Edwards, saying the Waiters comparisons are a bit crazy based on talent and accomplishments. Worth a listen, the scouts who love Edwards seem to really love the scope of his talent. The ups and downs are concerning, but we're still in a zone where many freshman can present unprecedented scenarios.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

lipoli390 wrote:

I agree. I'm hoping he's more like Dennis Smith Jr..
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Q12543 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

I agree. I'm hoping he's more like Dennis Smith Jr..

Could he be a Bradley Beal?