Might as well talk draft....

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Might as well talk draft....

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

In all seriousness, for the love of God, give me Anthony Edwards over LaMelo Ball.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Camden wrote:
crazysauce wrote:Rosas spoke of being there for beasley as a family sticks together in tough situations. I have serious doubts about Edwards and Lamelo. If we are taking one we better be trading down first and even then I dont like it. Have a bad feeling we will be disappointed draft night.

Already disappointed. Minnesota is going to settle on Anthony Edwards at number one -- without acquiring any additional asset in a trade down -- and trade for Aaron Gordon with the 17th overall pick and James Johnson.

They'll re-sign their current free agents at a rate slightly above market value. They'll whiff on any other meaningful free agent because they clearly don't understand how to generate interest in their otherworldly "system" from available players.

And on top of it all we have the accomplished head coach Ryan Saunders to lead the group. I can't wait to watch how this plays out. But at least they'll be a "family" and probably take a group vacation or group dinner before the season starts.

Thumbs down.

But all that talent and potential?

Towns. Full of potential!
Russell. Full of potential!
Edwards. Potential!
Gordon. Potential!

POTENTIAL!!!!! LONG LIVE THE PROMISE OF HOPE!!!!

Hope and Change - Obama or the Wolves

Make the Wolves great again?
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:In all seriousness, for the love of God, give me Anthony Edwards over LaMelo Ball.

I'm with you, Cam. Sadly, it has apparently come down to a choice between these two for the Wolves. It's so hard to be a Wolves fan. Wiseman is such a no-brainer if the Wolves keep the pick - or even if they don't in my view. Yet, our front office doesn't see it that way because of their fricking "system." But should we be surprised? This is the same front office that had Tyler Herro rated in the lower first round and traded up for a guy they didn't know for sure they'd get. Then they drafted another wing with a suspect perimeter shot with Okogie already on the roster. Then again, we still don't know for sure what the Wolves will do on Wednesday. The reports we're seeing about the Wolves' draft intentions could al be wrong.

If really is between Ball and Edwards, then give me Edwards.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:James Wiseman said that he hasn't talked to Minnesota. He hasn't had any meetings or workouts with the Wolves. Oddly, he did say that Minnesota gave him "recommendations and stuff." The fuck does that mean? Is Gersson Rosas really doing his due diligence if there's been no contact made with a top prospect in the draft? All of that was incredibly confusing to listen to.

I'm really at a loss. If the Wolves' draft goes the way it appears to be going, then this is my last season as a Wolves season ticket holder. As you know, I had my doubts about Rosas from the beginning. His use of buzz words and bureaucratic speak like alignment, process, system, etc., reminded me of David Kahn and planted seeds of doubt in my mind. His decision to hire Ryan Saunders as head coach and his mismanagement of last year's draft furthered my sense of concern about him. So far, reports we're hearing about what the Wolves front office is doing further confirm my doubts. Of course, these reports could turn out to be wrong or misleading and Rosas could easily put much of my doubt to rest. Unfortunately, I've been a Wolves fan far too long to expect that to happen.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

lipoli390 wrote:
Camden wrote:In all seriousness, for the love of God, give me Anthony Edwards over LaMelo Ball.

I'm with you, Cam. Sadly, it has apparently come down to a choice between these two for the Wolves. It's so hard to be a Wolves fan. Wiseman is such a no-brainer if the Wolves keep the pick - or even if they don't in my view. Yet, our front office doesn't see it that way because of their fricking "system." But should we be surprised? This is the same front office that had Tyler Herro rated in the lower first round and traded up for a guy they didn't know for sure they'd get. Then they drafted another wing with a suspect perimeter shot with Okogie already on the roster. Then again, we still don't know for sure what the Wolves will do on Wednesday. The reports we're seeing about the Wolves' draft intentions could al be wrong.

If it's between Ball and Edwards, give me Hayes.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Smh with these double posts
Hicks123 [enjin:6700838]

Post by Hicks123 [enjin:6700838] »

Hayes is a guy that is brought up a lot. I am struggling finding the right video to convince me he is a top prospect. I see a guy playing against really inferior talent. And I see a guy that might as well have no right arm for how little he uses that hand.

He shot the 3 well this season, but he only played 10 games. Last year, in 33 games, he shot 19% from 3. I get it, he's very young. But not sure how far I can get behind a 10 game season to clearly show me his improvement in 1 year is sustainable.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

WildWolf2813 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

If it's between Ball and Edwards, give me Hayes.

Lol. Can't argue with that.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

There better be a trade down if we aren't taking Wiseman. If you aren't taking the clear cut best player in the draft you better get something for him. I'll have no faith in this season if we just take Edwards #1.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

I think I actually would rather us take Okongwu than I would take Edwards. Im really afraid of Edwards being Dion Waiters. And I dont think he will defend. I know Lamelo will not defend. We need some semblance of defense please.