Might as well talk draft....

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Might as well talk draft....

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

monsterpile wrote:
Q12543 wrote:Hard to believe we're going to roster three new rookie draft picks when it feels like we need to lock in on another starting-caliber player to slot into one of the starting forward positions and we already have multiple young guys on rookie or undrafted free agent deals that are pretty cheap.

I agree which is why I I think this team is looking to move that #1 overall pick and might look to move #17 especially if they don't move #1. I could also see them move another young player for someone more established. It takes 2 to tango though so if they don't get the deal they want just take the guys you like best and go from there. Sometimes teams do deals before the season starts etc. I think the team has some decent players/assets to make some moves that would t have to be blockbuster deals but might land a guy that can be more impactful right away. For example I'd guess Naz Reid would hold some value especially if the team needed some sort of big like let's say in pure hypothetical situation that Chicago was willing to give up Wendall Carter Jr. getting Reid (or maybe Spellman) would help them pull the trigger.

I think Okogie is the guy That would reasonably be available in deals I'd really hate to move. It feels like there is still some potential there and the guy plays with physicality and edge. Okogie seems to have the physical tools to actually survive playing that way. I feel like even if Okogie is a flawed player he seems to have a certain knack for playing basketball. He seems like a guy that will find a way to help wing games. Maybe he is just a bench player and will have to many flaws but he did improve statistically last season. Just a reminder that because of trades and injuries he played the most minutes for the Wolves last year closely followed by Culver. It will be interesting to see what Rosas can pull off. It seems he isn't too afraid to pull the trigger.

Unfortunately I don't think any of our existing young guys hold much value around the league. They would be nothing but throw-ins to make salaries work. Our picks probably have more value than Culver, Okogie, or Reid. It's not that I've personally lost hope in any of them; I just don't think the market holds much value for any of them.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Who would you rather make a trade for:

Julius Randle

Aaron Gordon
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Camden0916 wrote:Who would you rather make a trade for:

Julius Randle

Aaron Gordon

Aaron Gordon and its not even close for me
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Camden wrote:Who would you rather make a trade for:

Julius Randle

Aaron Gordon

Neither. Hard pass on Randle.

Depending on what we'd have to give up, Id be more interested in Jonathan Isaac, though, he's out .Myles Turner-maybe.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Julius Randle

Aaron Gordon

I was going to vote for Randle until i saw their contracts. I don't know how either of these guys earned 20mil per.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

thedoper wrote:

Julius Randle

Aaron Gordon

I was going to vote for Randle until i saw their contracts. I don't know how either of these guys earned 20mil per.

Knicks had salary cap space to waste and thought maybe Randle could take another step in his progression. That's my take on it.

I'm just very "meh" on Gordon and what he brings to the table. He's not necessarily good at any one thing. He has a reputation of being a good defender, but the numbers haven't really portrayed him as such.

I'm going with Randle on this one.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

kekgeek1 wrote:

Julius Randle

Aaron Gordon

Aaron Gordon and its not even close for me

I'm on this side of the coin as well
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:
thedoper wrote:

Julius Randle

Aaron Gordon

Knicks had salary cap space to waste and thought maybe Randle could take another step in his progression. That's my take on it.

I'm just very "meh" on Gordon and what he brings to the table. He's not necessarily good at any one thing. He has a reputation of being a good defender, but the numbers haven't really portrayed him as such.

I'm going with Randle on this one.

I think that Randle is the better talent but Gordon might be the better player here but maybe not. It seems like he sucked on defense with the Knicks. Advanced stats say Gordon is a bit of a plus defender which helps his case. I'd be on the fence of the 17 and james Johnson for him partly because I think James johnson might actually help this team in the upcoming season. I'd rather have Gordon but if it's a competitive move you want to make then that has to be considered. I have always liked Randle though and he is a big body and rebounds and is a guy that can do stuff on offense. Are you really going to be handing him the ball to make plays when you have Towns and Russell? If not (that's going to be a problem for a few teams with him) that negates some of his value. I think if you trade for Gordon you have to be doing it thinking you can get more out of him than the Magic have. There might be a little more there but Certainly not massive upside.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Hypothetically, Ainge wants to move up to #1 for Wiseman. What other assets would you want from the Celtics along with Smart for #1 and JJ?
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

TheFuture wrote:Hypothetically, Ainge wants to move up to #1 for Wiseman. What other assets would you want from the Celtics along with Smart for #1 and JJ?

Smart doesn't do anything for me. The only player on Boston I want that might be available would be Jaylen Brown. Rumors last off season was that he could be had for the right price. He had a terrific season this year though, so he probably isn't available. I haven't seen what draft picks Boston owns, but they usually own several so I suppose if they throw in enough picks I would look at it.