Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
mjs34

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by mjs34 »

TheSP wrote:
sjm34 wrote:I would rather give them Patton. I really think Taj has some value with our younger guys.

That and Thibs head would explode if he had to trade both Jimmy and Taj! It'd be like giving up his first and second born, you know, if he actually had a woman who would reproduce with him. I imagine they'd make some cute little baby penguins though!

Taj it is then!
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Waiting to hear the JRich, Winslow and first for Butler.
Monster

Post by Monster »

sjm34 wrote:
TheSP wrote:
sjm34 wrote:I would rather give them Patton. I really think Taj has some value with our younger guys.

That and Thibs head would explode if he had to trade both Jimmy and Taj! It'd be like giving up his first and second born, you know, if he actually had a woman who would reproduce with him. I imagine they'd make some cute little baby penguins though!

Taj it is then!

If you really want to put Taj on the table in a trade (which is unlikely) he has some legit value as an asset on his own he isn't just a throw in.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

sjm34 wrote:Waiting to hear the JRich, Winslow and first for Butler.

You could be right. I still think it could be Bam and JRich. But I think it's getting close to happening.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Winslow agreed to a 3 year 39 million extension with the Heat. That's more than I was expecting to be honest. I thought for Winslow he probably needed to be in the 9-10 million range to consider signing a deal. It feels like Riley keeps handing out market value or a bit above deals to a lot of guys (Richardson was a bargain). I guess the Heat do have a team option for the third year. This makes Winslow VERY difficult to trade so that takes him out of consideration. You would think that if you are giving him that kind of money he is considered a pretty important player so...maybe that means Richardson being dealt is an easier blow to take? Idk I don't think I would have wanted Winslow in the deal if I was going to have to pay him that kind of money so they can keep him. Lol
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

sjm34 wrote:
TheSP wrote:

Taj it is then!

Regardless of Jimmy Butler, I'd deal Taj just out of respect. I think he feels as blindsided as the fans do.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Given Taj's age, I doubt he has much trade value, but if he does, throw him in along with Jimmy. I think Taj is associated with Jimmy to an extent and it would be nice to move him. Plus, it might make G relevant and regain some value. It wasn't that long ago when G was considered a positive trade asset that other teams targeted. I think if he regains his pre-Taj form we certainly wouldn't have to give up two first rounders to move him.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

monsterpile wrote:Winslow agreed to a 3 year 39 million extension with the Heat. That's more than I was expecting to be honest. I thought for Winslow he probably needed to be in the 9-10 million range to consider signing a deal. It feels like Riley keeps handing out market value or a bit above deals to a lot of guys (Richardson was a bargain). I guess the Heat do have a team option for the third year. This makes Winslow VERY difficult to trade so that takes him out of consideration. You would think that if you are giving him that kind of money he is considered a pretty important player so...maybe that means Richardson being dealt is an easier blow to take? Idk I don't think I would have wanted Winslow in the deal if I was going to have to pay him that kind of money so they can keep him. Lol

I was assuming they overpaid him to compensate him for coming to Minny!
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Swap Olynyk for Waiters and get it done. JRich, Olynyk and 1st for Jimmy
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

The Heat won't trade Olynyk. The new Winslow contract takes him out of trade consideration. It's clear the Wolves won't take Waiters as part of a Butler deal. And I think it's equally clear the Heat won't take Gorgui either. So I really do think it's come down to Taj. Given those limitations, the only way the Wolves can realistically get J Richardson (with or without Bam) is to include Taj and take back either Whiteside or Tyler Johnson.

No doubt in my mind we need to deal Butler before the season starts. Teams that were interested in Butler before are no doubt less interests and certainly less inclined to give value for him now after the way he's acted out. Our best shot is still Miami. Here's the deal that I believe would get it done and be acceptable to me:

Butler and Taj to Miami
J. Richardson, Bam Adebayo, Tyler Johnson and Miami's lottery protected 2019 1st rd pk.

Note: The Wolves would actually save a couple million dollars this season. Yes, the Wolves would have to deal with longer-term salary implications. However, both Tyler and Johnson have player options on their contracts after this season. If at least one of them opts out, then the Wolves' financial situation wouldn't be that bad. And even if neither opts out, they'd both have just one more year left on their deals. If Gorgui can return to his pre-Taj form, we might only have to give up one 1st round pick to trade him and the two years left on his contract next summer. The Miami pick might be enough to get that done. I still think Riley covets Butler and he might be the only one who values Butler even more after his recent antics. And you know that Taj is definitely the sort of player Riley loves. Add Butler and Taj to Dragic, Olynyk, Whiteside, Ellington, Wade, J. Johnson, Winslow and Waiters. That would be a very formidable team in the East.