Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

crazy-canuck wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:If thibs takes this deal, we basically traded 3 lottery picks for 4 picks in the late 20's. And people are loving it?

And you knew that Terrell Owens was going to rip off his Jimmy Butler mask and reveal who he really is?
And lets discuss the "3 lottery picks". Dunn still isn't good and Lavine makes $20m/year. So it becomes one lottery picks for a playoff appearance/win, a pick in the teens, and four picks in the 20's, and maybe more.

Wolves need to get back at least 1 useable player and not just picks.

4 late picks doesnt do anything for us unless we are doing a hard reboot. We need at least 1 young guy that can play right now with Wiggins, KAT, and Okogie. Unfortunately, Chriss is not that guy.

Hopefully this starts a bidding war and we get at least 1 useable player in return.

Who decided that ALL FOUR PICKS will be in the 20's?!?!?!? Chris Paul is like 50, and when he goes, so does that locker room.

TheFuture wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Just got a note from my friend who has a really good NBA source. I know who his source is and if you knew the name you'd realize this person would likely know what's happening. Anyway, the source confirmed that Houston has in fact offered 4 first round picks. Source said no response yet from the Wolves. Also mentioned that Miami is back in play, but not aware of any new offers.

Same offer to MIA: 4 1sts/3 Swaps/5 2nds/anybody they want to trade to MIN for JimmyBricks/anybody else other than KAT&Okogie.

Ya, I'd offer that as well. But only because I got "hung up" on and want to waste Riley's time. Not because I think it would ever happen. Miami is trending to a rebuild beginning last year. Houston has a 2-3 year shot.

Ok, so we got our answer. HOU it is.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

TheFuture wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:Just got a note from my friend who has a really good NBA source. I know who his source is and if you knew the name you'd realize this person would likely know what's happening. Anyway, the source confirmed that Houston has in fact offered 4 first round picks. Source said no response yet from the Wolves. Also mentioned that Miami is back in play, but not aware of any new offers.

Same offer to MIA: 4 1sts/3 Swaps/5 2nds/anybody they want to trade to MIN for JimmyBricks/anybody else other than KAT&Okogie.

Ya, I'd offer that as well. But only because I got "hung up" on and want to waste Riley's time. Not because I think it would ever happen. Miami is trending to a rebuild beginning last year. Houston has a 2-3 year shot.

Miami can't make that offer. They've already traded away picks.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

crazy-canuck wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:If thibs takes this deal, we basically traded 3 lottery picks for 4 picks in the late 20's. And people are loving it?

And you knew that Terrell Owens was going to rip off his Jimmy Butler mask and reveal who he really is?
And lets discuss the "3 lottery picks". Dunn still isn't good and Lavine makes $20m/year. So it becomes one lottery picks for a playoff appearance/win, a pick in the teens, and four picks in the 20's, and maybe more.

4 late picks doesnt do anything for us unless we are doing a hard reboot. We need at least 1 young guy that can play right now with Wiggins, KAT, and Okogie. Unfortunately, Chriss is not that guy.

Hopefully this starts a bidding war and we get at least 1 useable player in return.

Houston is not gonna be a playoff team for the next 8 years. They are gonna get old. They are gonna be capped out and if they don't win a title in the next 3-4 years they will need to blow it up because nobody will be left to re-tool a half decent team around. Do you really think a guy who operates in the extremes the way Morey does is going to be fine in the middle when CP3, Harden and Jimmy are in their mid 30's and not contending any more? Again, everyone thought Brooklyn was gonna be a good team with the KG/Pierce trade and they aged out way faster than anyone anticipated and Philly reaped the benefits of a team that aged overnight.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

lipoli390 wrote:Source also said that Houston really, really wants Butler. Nothing earth-shattering in that info. Houston sees itself having a 2-year window to win a championship with Harden in his prime and Chris Paul existing his prime. Houston views Butler as the perfect fit for a run over the next 2-3 years given his age and his defense, which would complement Harden's offense. So this is real and Houston is highly motivated. Source said it's really up to the Wolves.

And houston is stupid for offering that and we would be stupid to turn it down.

Butler doesn't amplify their offense, he hinders it. And perimeter defense is going to continue to be marginalized.

They were stupid to let Ariza and LRMAM go and this is them hitting the panic button.

Don't let it pass.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
TheFuture wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Ok, so we got our answer. HOU it is.

If it isn't, we should all change our team of choice.

Better late than never?

KG4Ever wrote:
TheFuture wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Per RealGM, they don't have '21 and 4 of their 2nds. OK. 3 1sts/3 swaps/3 2nds and limit who we'll also send and who we'll take back. Not that hard.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

crazy-canuck wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

I don't see any reason why as if we make that deal we are rebuilding around KAT and since we'll miss the playoffs anyway, I'd be more focused on the future than the here and now. Maybe we could get Hartenstein or a stashed Euro thrown in with filler.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

KG4Ever wrote:
TheFuture wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

That's my point. Call Riley as a last F U, then call Morey and cement the deal.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Just got another note from my friend who has been late-night texting with his source. Apparently, Houston wants lottery protection on the last two picks. Under League rules that would mean the Wolves rights to each pick would have to be extinguished if it ended up in the lottery. Source said that will likely be a snag for the Wolves. But given how motivated Houston is to get Butler, the source thinks Houston will relent on the lottery protection. Again, source says it will ultimately be up to the Wolves on whether 4 picks is a price they're willing to accept for Butler.