Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by kekgeek »

monsterpile wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:I've been racking my brain today thinking about young players we might be able to get that are underappreciated and under team control for a while. When people got twitterpated about Wolves scout Pete Mickeal being at the Hornets Heat game tonight I got to thinking what the Hornets might have to offer ( no we probably aren't getting Kemba) and thought maybe Monk would maybe be a player worth targeting especially if the offers keep looking meh. I am not sure there is much else to be had there without taking back another salary or 2 for next season but Monk does intrigue me. His skillset offensively could be handy for this roster.

The thing with the Hornets is they won't be able to resign butler so why give up young asset in monk.

Yeah Michael Jordon would have to actually consider paying the Lux tax to sign him. Butler has his endorsement deal with Nike Jumpman brand so I'm sure that would matter....jk lol To make any deal we would probably have to take back a guy that gets some decent money for next season so that may help. shrug just looking at some options. It sounds like Miles Bridges has already been better than they were hoping.

Once again I think we both know that a trade is almost impossible but in general we should not take back bad contacts to trade butler to get one unproven young piece
Monster

Post by Monster »

kekgeek1 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:I've been racking my brain today thinking about young players we might be able to get that are underappreciated and under team control for a while. When people got twitterpated about Wolves scout Pete Mickeal being at the Hornets Heat game tonight I got to thinking what the Hornets might have to offer ( no we probably aren't getting Kemba) and thought maybe Monk would maybe be a player worth targeting especially if the offers keep looking meh. I am not sure there is much else to be had there without taking back another salary or 2 for next season but Monk does intrigue me. His skillset offensively could be handy for this roster.

The thing with the Hornets is they won't be able to resign butler so why give up young asset in monk.

Yeah Michael Jordon would have to actually consider paying the Lux tax to sign him. Butler has his endorsement deal with Nike Jumpman brand so I'm sure that would matter....jk lol To make any deal we would probably have to take back a guy that gets some decent money for next season so that may help. shrug just looking at some options. It sounds like Miles Bridges has already been better than they were hoping.

Once again I think we both know that a trade is almost impossible but in general we should not take back bad contacts to trade butler to get one unproven young piece

Butler Dieng for Biyombo, MKG and Monk works moneywise and while it means we have to pay MKG probably too much next year its only one year and he is a wing and is young so he probably has some value. That's not enough unless Monk is very highly valued A 1st round pick would have to be added to make it interesting and yeah its not going to happen but kinda interesting to think about who is out there. Monk could be a guy to look at adding somewhere down the line also. There could be some interesting "2nd draft" guys among other younger players available in FA this year if we can even just afford to use the entire full mid-level exemption which is why not taking back too much money is a good idea.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

kekgeek1 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

I agree, Monster. I'll add that, not only is Monk unproven, I don't think he'll be more than a role player off the bench at best. The primary goal in any Butler deal should be getting a future lottery pick, a current young (26 or under) allstar caliber/borderline allstar player, or a young player with allstar potential. Since it's hard to ensure that a future first round pick will be a lottery pick, the priority should be either (1) a current young allstar caliber/borderline allstar; or (2) a very young high upside prospect with allstar potential. Here's my current target list of players who fall into one of these two categories and who play for teams that might be interested in Butler:

1. Otto Porter (young current allstar caliber SF)
2. Bradley Beal (young current allstar SG)
3. Middleton (young current borderline allstar SG)
4. Adebayo (very young high upside prospect)
5. Jaren Jackson (very young high upside prospect)
6. G-Alexander (Clippers very young high upside prospect)
7. Josh Richardson (maybe a reach, but I think he has borderline allstar potential)

Apparently, the Bucks have already turned down a Middleton deal -- probably because of Butler's contract situation and the risk he wouldn't re-sign there. We haven't heard much about the Nets as a trade partner even though they were one of the three teams initially named by Butler. As part of any deal with the Nets, I'd want a future unprotected first round pick - preferably their 2020 pick, which could easily be a lottery pick if Butler doesn't re-sign there. Otherwise, I'm hoping the Wizards, Heat or Grizzlies finally decide to "go for it" this season, in which case we might be able to land Porter, Beal, Jackson or Adebayo -- or at least end up with Josh Richardson or G-Alexander.

By the way, it's interesting that we haven't heard a peep about any possible deals or discussions with the Nets or Clippers. Sometimes it's the ones you don't hear about that end up happening. So maybe there's something in the works with one of those two teams, but without any media leaks.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

I agree, Monster. I'll add that, not only is Monk unproven, I don't think he'll be more than a role player off the bench at best. The primary goal in any Butler deal should be getting a future lottery pick, a current young (26 or under) allstar caliber/borderline allstar player, or a young player with allstar potential. Since it's hard to ensure that a future first round pick will be a lottery pick, the priority should be either (1) a current young allstar caliber/borderline allstar; or (2) a very young high upside prospect with allstar potential. Here's my current target list of players who fall into one of these two categories and who play for teams that might be interested in Butler:

7. Josh Richardson (maybe a reach, but I think he has borderline allstar potential)

Apparently, the Bucks have already turned down a Middleton deal -- probably because of Butler's contract situation and the risk he wouldn't re-sign there. We haven't heard much about the Nets as a trade partner even though they were one of the three teams initially named by Butler. As part of any deal with the Nets, I'd want a future unprotected first round pick - preferably their 2020 pick, which could easily be a lottery pick if Butler doesn't re-sign there. Otherwise, I'm hoping the Wizards, Heat or Grizzlies finally decide to "go for it" this season, in which case we might be able to land Porter, Beal, Jackson or Adebayo -- or at least end up with Josh Richardson or G-Alexander.

By the way, it's interesting that we haven't heard a peep about any possible deals or discussions with the Nets or Clippers. Sometimes it's the ones you don't hear about that end up happening. So maybe there's something in the works with one of those two teams, but without any media leaks.

My idea is partly looking to see how you find the Kris Middleton or Tobias Harris or Jae Crowder etc type guys BEFORE they become valueable players. Tough to do I know but it's not impossible.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

My idea is partly looking to see how you find the Kris Middleton or Tobias Harris or Jae Crowder etc type guys BEFORE they become valueable players. Tough to do I know but it's not impossible.

Great point, Monster. The top organizations in the NBA do four key things: (1) they hire really good (not mediocre) front office personnel, (2) make multiple great draft decisions, not just at the top of the lottery, (3) hire terrific head coaches who are able to adapt to the players they have, and (4) acquire young players in the League before they become at least really good rotation players if not borderline Allstars. The answer to how you find those guys is this: You hire top notch front office personnel, from the PBO on down through your scouting department.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

The intrigue with Adebayo is getting out of hand, I think.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Camden0916 wrote:The intrigue with Adebayo is getting out of hand, I think.

Watching bigs like kat and dieng anchor the defense the last few years, i think most of us yearn for any big with a pulse at that end.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

MIN receive - Josh Richardson, Bam Adebayo, Tyler Johnson and 2019 1st round pick (Top 10 protected).

MIA receive - Jimmy Butler and Gorgui Dieng.

Any deal with the Miami Heat needs to involve getting Richardson, Adebayo and their 2019 1st round pick. If we want to attached Dieng then we would have take back on of their bad contracts back to make salaries match. I'm not a fan of Waiters, Olynyk, Whiteside or Tyler Johnson and I doubt Dragic will be included. James Johnson is a versatile rotation player, but his contract is pretty much the same as Diengs. If I was to pick one out of the above I'd (reluctantly) pick Tyler Johnson as he fits the needs as a wing and is a better 3pt shooter than Waiters. Although he's incredibly over paid (18mil) compared to Waiters (11mil), it's only for two more years and after this season that contract would look pretty good for a team wanting to shed cap space at the trade deadline.

I'd prefer Lips deal of a straight swap of Butler for Richardson, Adebayo, Winslow and their 1st. Not need to involve Dieng for the sake of shedding his contract while taking on one of their bad ones, especially when Diengs value is down due to be under utilised last season.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

KiwiMatt wrote:MIN receive - Josh Richardson, Bam Adebayo, Tyler Johnson and 2019 1st round pick (Top 10 protected).

MIA receive - Jimmy Butler and Gorgui Dieng.

Any deal with the Miami Heat needs to involve getting Richardson, Adebayo and their 2019 1st round pick. If we want to attached Dieng then we would have take back on of their bad contracts back to make salaries match. I'm not a fan of Waiters, Olynyk, Whiteside or Tyler Johnson and I doubt Dragic will be included. James Johnson is a versatile rotation player, but his contract is pretty much the same as Diengs. If I was to pick one out of the above I'd (reluctantly) pick Tyler Johnson as he fits the needs as a wing and is a better 3pt shooter than Waiters. Although he's incredibly over paid (18mil) compared to Waiters (11mil), it's only for two more years and after this season that contract would look pretty good for a team wanting to shed cap space at the trade deadline.

I'd prefer Lips deal of a straight swap of Butler for Richardson, Adebayo, Winslow and their 1st. Not need to involve Dieng for the sake of shedding his contract while taking on one of their bad ones, especially when Diengs value is down due to be under utilised last season.

I think the Wolves would be getting more than most believed they would if they get that deal from Miami.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

Camden0916 wrote:The intrigue with Adebayo is getting out of hand, I think.

Agreeance