Made The Move

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
TheOldMet [enjin:6691545]

Made The Move

Post by TheOldMet [enjin:6691545] »

Just wanted to say hello. Made the move today from Espn. Looking forward to starting a new community of passionate Vikings fans.
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Re: Made The Move

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

Sounds good man, glad to have you on board!
Richard109 [enjin:7011909]

Post by Richard109 [enjin:7011909] »

Yeah, I've been trying for the last week to get the confirmation email. Seemed to work this morning, so I guess I'm in the club now.

What happened with the ESPN forum? Why did we have to come here?

They shut down the espn forums.
slapnut20 [enjin:6942676]

Post by slapnut20 [enjin:6942676] »

does this place have a pulse? the word on the espn board is that this was the place to be once espn was shut down, but this place doesn't look too active. goliath's board is not open anymore and sports-boards.net hasn't really held my attention so hopefully this place picks up. never thought i would say it but i really miss espn
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

slapnut20 wrote:does this place have a pulse? the word on the espn board is that this was the place to be once espn was shut down, but this place doesn't look too active. goliath's board is not open anymore and sports-boards.net hasn't really held my attention so hopefully this place picks up. never thought i would say it but i really miss espn

Does this place have a pulse? Check the Twins board, its pretty busy. There isn't a hell of a lot to talk about among the other pro sports at the moment, things will pick up as the seasons open up!!
slapnut20 [enjin:6942676]

Post by slapnut20 [enjin:6942676] »

plenty of viking stuff to talk about, but i guess we will see how busy it gets when the season starts. personally i'd rather talk training camp football over crappy late august baseball

Then post away and people will comment. No one is stopping you ;-) I personally was waiting for anything that jumps out at me, and pre season doesn't tend to do much at all for me. Aside from major injury news not much happens imo.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

slapnut20 wrote:plenty of viking stuff to talk about, but i guess we will see how busy it gets when the season starts. personally i'd rather talk training camp football over crappy late august baseball

The idea for this board was put together by people who frequented the ESPN Timberwolves forum. Although many of those people also closely follow other Minnesota teams not all of them do. As for baseball, I agree, it bores me and thus I don't participate in that section of this or any other forum.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

TheSP wrote:
slapnut20 wrote:plenty of viking stuff to talk about, but i guess we will see how busy it gets when the season starts. personally i'd rather talk training camp football over crappy late august baseball

The idea for this board was put together by people who frequented the ESPN Timberwolves forum. Although many of those people also closely follow other Minnesota teams not all of them do. As for baseball, I agree, it bores me and thus I don't participate in that section of this or any other forum.

Yep and we tried to spread the word to the other 3 ESPN forums, but don't seem to have quite the turnout yet. I think it's largely b/c some moved to First & Skol when ESPN went to the new forum setup. Hopefully we can bring it more from the Viking board.