Paul Pierce Speaks the Truth

General NBA News
Volans19

Paul Pierce Speaks the Truth

Post by Volans19 »

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12690080/washington-wizards-paul-pierce-speaks-truthPaul Pierce Speaks the Truth

Great little article that offers some insight into how NBA players behave when they are together on and off the court. Makes me wonder if someone from the Wolves organization will ever describe what the Kevin Love days were like.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Paul Pierce Speaks the Truth

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Volans19 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12690080/washington-wizards-paul-pierce-speaks-truthPaul Pierce Speaks the Truth

Great little article that offers some insight into how NBA players behave when they are together on and off the court. Makes me wonder if someone from the Wolves organization will ever describe what the Kevin Love days were like.

Good stuff, volans. I thought about Love too as I read it. I actually think it might be more likely that a Cavalier speaks up about him before anyone on the Wolves...there have already been rumblings this year. It also made me a little more grateful KG is going to be playing for us next year.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Meh. I think the key is creating a culture of professionalism, work ethic, and on the court chemistry. The fact someone then decides to go do his own thing for dinner or perhaps doesn't see eye to eye personally with his team mates isn't that big of a deal to me. There are tons of examples of highly successful bands, management teams, and sports teams that didn't necessarily act as one big happy family all the time. In fact, that might be the exception!
Monster

Post by Monster »

That's a good article and it just illustrates some guys don't have it all to be true stars and leaders. That doesn't mean those guys are jerks or bad guys that in some cases keeps them from being that next level up as a player. Since KG left I can't think of a top player or significant guy on the Wolves that's been a leader type. Big Al, Love, Pek ,Martin weren't. Rubio was a nice young guy that was too nice and hurt although he leads on the court. There were hardly any guys you looked at as warrior dudes no matter the talent level. One of the toughest guys in the past 5 years was probably JJ Barea. That's sad.

I don't want to make this thread into a KG thing but Flip goes out and gets the guy that brings all that stuff the Wolves have lacked basically since he left in KG. In this article it's obvious how much respect Pierce has for the guy and what he thinks about KG. The young kids are going to listen to KG. Vets will listen to KG. He could be a MAJOR factor in changing the pathetic losing culture of the franchise.

I think one thing that we all forget is that pro athletes it's a job. Think of all the stuff that you have to do at your job annoying coworkers dumb management etc and the deal with it more plus fans. I'm not say feel sorry for them just be realistic. Some players want to do their thing and be done with Work. That's the way my wife is. She doesn't want to have spend time hanging out with people that she works with for the most part. I am sure there are tons of pro athletes that are the same way. I've worked places where lots of people that work together get together on weekends become good friends etc but not everyone does. To me I like how Pierce was candid but I don't think he threw anyone under the bus either. He seems to describe a workplace to me although obviously it's more than that but people are different no matter what setting you are in.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Monster, you're all over these boards lately, you must be getting excited about something??
Monster

Post by Monster »

LloydBraun wrote:Monster, you're all over these boards lately, you must be getting excited about something??

There for a while took a break from the boards and for a while during the season I was trying to watch as many games as I could and was sometimes a week behind or more behind so I ended not posting a lot. I love the draft even though Ibdont watch as much college ball as I would like but that gives something to talk about. Because I actually had a way to easily watch the playoffs on demand Inwatched a lot of the games which hasn't been the case is quite a while as well. Just wait I probably irrationally like the summer league to a stranger extent than thN the draft. Lol

Oh and yeah that Towns guy...