Kevin Love Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Kevin Love Trade Ideas

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Who says no?

OKC: Serge Ibaka, Jeremy Lamb, Reggie Jackson, 2014 1st round pick

MIN: Kevin Love, Corey Brewer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHI: Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic, Jimmy Butler, Mike Dunleavy, CHA 2014 1st round pick

MIN: Kevin Love, Corey Brewer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GS: Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, David Lee (to be used in another trade), Jordan Crawford (expiring) and two future first round picks

MIN: Kevin Love and Kevin Martin

Being mediocre is the worst thing in the NBA. I've lost a lot of faith in this team makeup, but I believe we can re-tool for the future with a big trade. The biggest way that could happen is with a Love trade, in my opinion.

I think Pek's actually a really nice piece to keep as long as we bring in a shot-blocking, starting PF. Gibson and Ibaka would fit that mold. Young SGs in both deals in Butler and Lamb. A lottery pick in both deals, CHA's being the better one. Mirotic was just MVP over in a Euro League. He's 23 or so and can absolutely stroke as big man.

Just two quick ideas. The contracts work. I put Brewer in both deals as a salary dump, but both teams could use him as a role player.

Any others that would be worth while?
WildWolf2813

Re: Kevin Love Trade Ideas

Post by WildWolf2813 »

I don't think we get Butler in a trade like that, but that's the kind of deal I expect will happen. Instead, put their 2014 first in there provided that it's not in the top 7

My biggest objection to this trade is that I think Mirotic is talented but he'd probably rather stay overseas than come here.

WildWolf2813 wrote:I don't think we get Butler in a trade like that, but that's the kind of deal I expect will happen. Instead, put their 2014 first in there provided that it's not in the top 7

My biggest objection to this trade is that I think Mirotic is talented but he'd probably rather stay overseas than come here.

Why wouldn't he come play with his countryman? I'm sure Pek could be of use in the negotiations. We'd have the Nikola duo!
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

They shouldn't trade Love until Flip has had a full attempt at a retool. This was shaped in partnership with the vision of Adelman as well. They need to see what all other assets can acquire at this point.

thedoper wrote:They shouldn't trade Love until Flip has had a full attempt at a retool. This was shaped in partnership with the vision of Adelman as well. They need to see what all other assets can acquire at this point.

Any ideas?
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Camden wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:I don't think we get Butler in a trade like that, but that's the kind of deal I expect will happen. Instead, put their 2014 first in there provided that it's not in the top 7

Why wouldn't he come play with his countryman? I'm sure Pek could be of use in the negotiations. We'd have the Nikola duo!

Because Ricky doesn't know Mirotic from a hole in the wall. They've never been teammates
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Yes. Anything we can trade (other than love) for expiring contracts. Fire Adelman and get a head start at up and coming college coaches or highly intelligent former players who may want to coach. I really think Adelman was the wrong guy for this team. Just too old right from the beginning. With whatever we can spend in the offseason get a go to scorer on the young side of 30. See where we are at after 30 games then trade Love. We would still get close to what you are looking at in your potential trades now. Plus those picks aren't going to get us top 5 which is where you really want to be this draft.

WildWolf2813 wrote:
Camden wrote:

Because Ricky doesn't know Mirotic from a hole in the wall. They've never been teammates

That makes sense because Ricky's from Spain. I was talking about Pekovic, though. And I realize those two haven't been teammates either. Was a little bit of a joke; playing off their first names.

GS: Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, David Lee (to be used in another trade), Jordan Crawford (expiring) and two future first round picks

MIN: Kevin Love and Kevin Martin

Maybe send D-Lee to Cleveland for a lottery pick? Get Julius Randle or Marcus Smart.
PatrickBateman [enjin:8062834]

Post by PatrickBateman [enjin:8062834] »

Not a chance Golden State does that deal.

And that would be the only one worth doing out of those.