Sacramento Kings

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KiwiMatt

Re: Sacramento Kings

Post by KiwiMatt »

Isiah Thomas is such an underrated player. How much better would we be with him backing up Rubio instead of Barea.
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

Yep, Isiah T is a pretty unique talent. The guy can score, score at range, is a great passer, and has very quick hands on D. His PT is going to go up with this most recent trade....that is going to work well for Sac.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Are we positive that Thomas would be the backup?
maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701]

Post by maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701] »

Wow, I figured someone would go extreme and jump on the DWill "one good game" bandwagon but this thread is crazy. Has anyone looked at all his other games he's played since leaving the wolves? I don't believe he's scored over 15. What your seeing is typical DWill and he'll return to form and disappear to single digits within the week. Wolves will still win 50 this year.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Are we positive that Thomas would be the backup?

Honestly, I'm am not sure he would be.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Here is something to think about:

Since leaving it seems Beasley, Wes Johnson, and D Williams are playing better then when they were here. That has to be on the coach.

As for the moves Flip:
Hit gold with Brewer and Martin
Overpaid for Budinger (I am thinking Adelman had a lot to do with this)
Seemed to have missed out on drafting the burke, greek freak, and Hardaway/Bullock
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Absolutely loving the success DWill is having with the Kings. Last I checked he had 25 tonight. I guess I've finally learned to laugh at the Wolves instead of with them. From day 1 of this franchise, the wrong people have always made the critical decisions. Until that changes, what's the point?

You have got to be kidding me Cool. Derrick has had one good game with the Kings. He was 100% "meh" in the prior 5 games, until he exploded last night. The Kings are 2-4 since he joined them.

While he may very well turn things around and be successful there, I think it's too early to be running victory laps around the Wolves front office.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Yeah, Williams was great last night, but in most of his other games he has been the same guy he was with us. He is what he is...he will drift through 4-5 games and then explode. Hard guy to figure out.

Thomas is fun to watch and a nice offensive player. It's difficult to be an NBA defender, though, when Tom Cruise can post you up.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q -- Yes, this is only one game and no telling whether this is a sign of things to come from Derrick. But this wasn't just one good game. It was a career scoring performance with 31 points. It was also a terrific defensive performance with 5 steals and some nice man defense on both Marion and Dirk. We'll see what the future holds. But my main problem is with how the Wolves organization handled the situation. Flip refused to trade Derrick this summer when his value was up a bit after a pretty strong finish last season. Then he trades him 20 games into this season after publicly trashing his motor and without Adelman having given Derrick much of an opportunity for game minutes. I'll admit I didn't have a lot if faith in Derrick's prospects. But I don't like the timing of the deal, the lack of PT opportunity, the public trashing from our GM and the return we got.
Yosimar

Post by Yosimar »

Whether he remains an inconsistent player or lives up to his potential at the end of the day, the kings got the better player in the deal... that's it.