Whose your starting SF come season opener?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Whose your starting SF come season opener?

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

That's the "Air Strike" lineup. Lol three point shooters everywhere.

Also, I'd like to see a Rubio/Shabazz/Bud/Brewer/Love lineup in stints. Fastbreak lineup.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I think people are going to be surprised when Barea isn't playing nearly as much"Hero ball" this year. I won't. Why? Much of his time with the Wolves there were missing significant offensive pieces and my guess is he had the almost absolute green light to do anything he wanted because quite frankly why not he was often the best option. This year assuming we stay healthy he can become more of an efficient guy probably getting more spot up opportunities and possibly more wide open lanes playing with an actual NBA roster. There will be times he gets hot and just goes off too and that's good also.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Yeah I think Adelman needs an "air strike" lineup, a "fast break" lineup, a "Pek and Roll" lineup. He'll just call out the lineup during breaks and the players will know if they're in or not.

Maybe an All-D grind of Dieng, Cunningham, Brewer, Bazz, and Rubio?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Take out Shabazz and put in Turiaf. Rubio/Brewer/Cunningham/Dieng/Turiaf. Something like that
Monster

Post by Monster »

Maybe I am wrong but I don't really think Cunningham is that good defensively at SF solid maybe but I would want him there too many minutes. I think I might even rather have Shved defensively at SG than Cunningham defensively at SF. Of course it all depends on who they are matched up against at the time. Bazz isn't getting into any defensive lineup based on what I saw in SL unless he goes all McCants and just starts mugging guys and doesn't really get called for it. lol

Eh, I dont like Dieng and Turiaf together. At least Cunningham and Bazz can provide a 15 foot jumper. I also like a trio of Bazz/Cunningham/Dieng to give fouls and rest the starters.
foye2smith [enjin:6593248]

Post by foye2smith [enjin:6593248] »

BizarroJerry wrote:Eh, I dont like Dieng and Turiaf together. At least Cunningham and Bazz can provide a 15 foot jumper. I also like a trio of Bazz/Cunningham/Dieng to give fouls and rest the starters.

The bit I saw of Dieng during Louisville's tourney run and some of summer league he's shown he's capable of hitting that midrange jumper too, like a poor man's Serge Ibaka.

Foye, I remember watching Dieng in the Final 4 too and wondering why the 'experts' weren't talking about him going as a lotto pick. I think he'll be a steal and a great compliment to Pek. He just seemed to be disrupting all the shots and quick on his feet.
ace [enjin:6598567]

Post by ace [enjin:6598567] »

Didn't you guys see Pek shut down Tony Parker last year? Let him guard the 3 in the "all D" lineup.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

monsterpile wrote:I think people are going to be surprised when Barea isn't playing nearly as much"Hero ball" this year. I won't. Why? Much of his time with the Wolves there were missing significant offensive pieces and my guess is he had the almost absolute green light to do anything he wanted because quite frankly why not he was often the best option. This year assuming we stay healthy he can become more of an efficient guy probably getting more spot up opportunities and possibly more wide open lanes playing with an actual NBA roster. There will be times he gets hot and just goes off too and that's good also.

I really hope Barea excepts this type of role.