Dallas trying to sign Ellis

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
mjs34

Dallas trying to sign Ellis

Post by mjs34 »

If this happens, it should take Dallas out of the running for Pek. I am starting to believe that Flip offered something significantly less than what the media guessed. I have to believe that Pek and his agent are waiting for another team to step up and offer something significant. I think it might be down to Atlanta when it comes to teams with Cap space.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Dallas trying to sign Ellis

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

But it doesn't make sense when ATL just spent money on Korver, Millsap and trying to sign Jennings. Horford/Millsap froncourt and there's no way any of them or Pek is off the bench. Millsap doesn't work as a SF. Won't work. I've signed the Hawks off in ym head.

And I'm hoping Flip offered something like 10M a year and Pek's camp thinks they can get better. If Pek's camp thinks that the rumored deal of 12.5M a year isn't fair then they're full of shit.
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

One thing I gotta say, Khan did put us in a beautiful place financially... We improved a lot this year.

Edit: Also, Ellis is a bad decision to build with, or around.
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

Flip has been crafty, The Luke deal didnt look very good initially, but it seems we got the full MLE out of it by incorporating OKC into it. Plus, I hate spending big money for bench quality players, Budinger, Brewer are neither starter quality....but we have a solid over-all rotation now. Im still worried about JJ and Dwill's direction within the team scheme

Rubio, JJ, Brown
Martin, Shved, Shabazz
D Will, Budinger, Brewer
Love, Cunningham, Turiaf
Pek, Dieng, Johnson
worldK

Post by worldK »

It is being reported that dallas has canceled the devin harris deal because harris has some injury. It makes sense for them to be after ellis now. Calderon and ellis would compliment each other well in the backcourt offensively.

I dont think dallas was ever seriously considering pek. They are after oden and dalembert now and cuban is likely to sign a bunch of 1 year deals if they did sign ellis and keep as much cap space as possible to make a splash in next years free agency.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

1. Pek isn't a guy you build your team around. He's a great complimentary starter though.
2. If the Wolves try to low-ball Pek he will accept the qualifying offer and then be unrestricted next year.

It makes sense for the Wolves to find that happy place between insulting Pek and overpaying next year using Bird rights.
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

Seems to have signed for possibly around 3yr 30 mil