Flip v. Lip

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Flip v. Lip

Post by Lipoli390 »

maelstrom11 wrote:Agree Camden. If we get AK, McCollum, Carrol then were over the tax threshold. Also, Lip lets remember that Flip was willing to get AK for 7 mil per for 3 years but AK wanted 10. Kahn made a bad promise and Flip couldn't keep it. Brewer will work out fine!

That's not true. AK was not holding out for $10 million per year for 3 years. It was the third year that led Flip to let him go.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden -- your numbers are correct, but I still think we're under the luxury tax threshold. Otherwise, I just wouldn't sign Carroll and then the difference is $2 million, which I'm certain would have kept us under the tax threshold. My plan would have worked financially. The salient question is whose plan would work best in the win/loss column. That remains to be seen and even by season's end we won't know for sure. That's the fun part of sports debates like this. Except in very rare circumstances, nothing is ever crystal clear one way or the other.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Lip, I like that Flip wouldn't give in to AK47s agent. I'd have been very nervous about giving him a 3 year deal. Time will tell, but I think he's towards the end and his body doesn't seem that durable.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

Thinking that the Wolves could have kept AK is pretty absurd to me. He drop 7 million off his pay next year to go to another team. Implying that Flip could have kept him without DRASTICALLY overpaying him seems way off.