Kat return GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: Kat return GDT

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

kekgeek wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:45 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:43 pm
kekgeek wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:42 pm

I’m getting triggered because they are wrong. Wolves hold the tiebreakers in a two way tie. Thunder hold it in a 3-way tie
I think you're right
I am right. Mavs going to rest starters also
The Nuggets could rest theirs also to avoid having to face the Wolves in round 2.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:50 pm Let's pour some more cold water on this. I don't care what Jim Pete says about Ant and his flair for the dramatic, his penchant to make bad decisions and his hero ball tunnel vision at the end of games is going to cost us a series. Outside of the one mid-range shot he made, he was brutal down the stretch. And this is something we have seen over and over again all season long. He's our best player, but he is not a finished product - not by a long shot. FFS play with your team not against it. And now Finch in the press conference is saying they need to run things through Conley down the stretch. Amen.
By my count he went 4 for 6 during clutch time in terms of positive plays. The positive plays included two made 2-point shots; 1 assist to KAT for a wide open corner 3; and two made FTAs. The two negative plays were a badly missed 3 and a bad turnover.

I kind of agree with your overall point though. Just because he made a couple of those tough mid-range shots doesn't mean it was the right decision.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:52 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:43 pm

I think you're right
The Nuggets could rest theirs also to avoid having to face the Wolves in round 2.
They would want home court though
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Q-is-here wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:57 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:50 pm Let's pour some more cold water on this. I don't care what Jim Pete says about Ant and his flair for the dramatic, his penchant to make bad decisions and his hero ball tunnel vision at the end of games is going to cost us a series. Outside of the one mid-range shot he made, he was brutal down the stretch. And this is something we have seen over and over again all season long. He's our best player, but he is not a finished product - not by a long shot. FFS play with your team not against it. And now Finch in the press conference is saying they need to run things through Conley down the stretch. Amen.
By my count he went 4 for 6 during clutch time in terms of positive plays. The positive plays included two made 2-point shots; 1 assist to KAT for a wide open corner 3; and two made FTAs. The two negative plays were a badly missed 3 and a bad turnover.

I kind of agree with your overall point though. Just because he made a couple of those tough mid-range shots doesn't mean it was the right decision.
He consistently dribbles the dots off the ball from the 15 second mark of the shot clock until he tries to make a difficult play on his own. The other guys might as well head back on defense because they ain't getting the ball. Q, the bad plays seem to stick out to me. The last 2 pointer he made was big, the free throws expected, but I was cussing him out for the selfish play.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Abe's late night DVR Review:

- Whew. Losing to a team that put in its deep bench for the 4th quarter would have been a bad look. A very Timberwolvesian look.

- The #1 seed would be nice. The #2 seed would be nice. #3... cool, I guess. None of it matters if the Wolves don't win at least one round in the playoffs.

- The Lakers are now looming as the #7 seed. I wouldn't want anything to do with that team... and its uncanny ability to shoot many more free throws EVERY game than its opponent.

- Gobert was a monster.

- McLaughlin keeps doing his thing.

- Good to see Towns back... even with some dumb plays mixed in.

- Edwards. good. Edwards. immature. Edwards. fun. Rinse. Repeat.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Let's go!!!!! What a fun win. We lose that game every time with past Wolves teams. Great to see Kat hit that corner three late in the 4th. Ant came back clutch when we needed it. Gobert was amazing.
FNG

Post by FNG »

kekgeek wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:01 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:52 pm

They would want home court though
Cool's hypothesis is far from preposterous. Somehow I think Denver would rather play OkC in the second round rather than the Wolves (SGA is clearly not back in form yet...only making 23% of his 3's since his return), and they get there by resting their starters and letting the Wolves finish first (assuming we can beat the Suns). Kek, I don't understand your statement above that Denver would want home court. It seems to me they've already forfeited home court advantage by crapping the bed last night against the Spurs...as you have pointed out, they are third in a three-way tie for first.

Vegas also thinks there is a chance Denver rests its starters Sunday...they haven't yet posted a line for tomorrow's game. The Wolves on the other hand are 4 1/2 point favorites against the Suns. Hmm...is Vegas considering the possibility of the Suns also resting their starters? They gain nothing with a win if the Pels beat the Lakers.
davemang

Post by davemang »

A win's a win. Naz has been fairly concerning the past few games since his highlight performance vs the Lakers, but with Towns back he has a little more room for error. Jmac's shot is starting to come back down to earth as well. Hopefully we have enough shooting between Conley, Jmac, McDaniels, NAW, and Monte to help keep things spread when we've got Rudy and/or slomo in there.