Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: #82: Phoenix GDT

Post by kekgeek »

Ant is 1-11 against Devin Booker in his career
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

kekgeek wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:12 pm Ant is 1-11 against Devin Booker in his career
So you're saying he's due :twisted: ?
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:53 pm Did you see the way the Suns moved the ball today? None of their players are a ball stopper like Ant is. When we move the ball we are awfully tough to beat. When we don't, we will lose more playoff games than we win.
Booker and Durant take quite a few tough shots, they make a lot of them or get bailed out on fouls. Durant, Booker, Beal and Allen also have Durant, Booker, Beal, and Allen to pass it to that aren't going to miss it.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:53 pm Did you see the way the Suns moved the ball today? None of their players are a ball stopper like Ant is. When we move the ball we are awfully tough to beat. When we don't, we will lose more playoff games than we win.
I was at the game today and was going to write a season finale game report. But my game report was going to focus mainly on the Suns stellar ball movement compared to the Wolves today. I see you’ve already hit on that theme so I thought I’d forego writing a report and just echo your comment here.

I’ve watched the Wolves move the ball better this season than they did today. But our overall ball movement hasn’t been particularly good all season. For the most part, the Wolves dribble, drive, pick and roll. And they aren’t elite in the pick and roll. Ant’s fingers are sticky but he’s not the only one on this team with maple syrup on his hands. Then there’s Rudy with grease on his hands, although I want to quickly add that Rudy has been this team’s rock all season. And no complaints about Mike Conley who played well today and has been terrific all season.

Unfortunately, I haven’t seen a championship caliber offense from this Wolves team. And today our defensive intensity wasn’t there either.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:11 pm
I was at the game today and was going to write a season finale game report. But my game report was going to focus mainly on the Suns stellar ball movement compared to the Wolves today. I see you’ve already hit on that theme so I thought I’d forego writing a report and just echo your comment here.

I’ve watched the Wolves move the ball better this season than they did today. But our overall ball movement hasn’t been particularly good all season. For the most part, the Wolves dribble, drive, pick and roll. And they aren’t elite in the pick and roll. Ant’s fingers are sticky but he’s not the only one on this team with maple syrup on his hands. Then there’s Rudy with grease on his hands, although I want to quickly add that Rudy has been this team’s rock all season. And no complaints about Mike Conley who played well today and has been terrific all season.

Unfortunately, I haven’t seen a championship caliber offense from this Wolves team. And today our defensive intensity wasn’t there either.
Sorry you had to witness that personally Lip, but how was the crowd today?
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

I tuned in for a bit and like others was disgusted. Since I didn't want to ruin my day I turned it off. PHX was the one team I was worried about even 5 months ago in the playoffs....this might be bad
FNG

Post by FNG »

kekgeek wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:49 pm
FNG wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:39 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:15 pm I wonder if the Suns will be favored in the series. I sure as hell wouldn't bet on the Wolves.
Just a guess. but I say the Wolves will be favored by 1 in the first game, and the series will be a pick 'em.
Suns -115
Wolves -105

Via Fanduel
Yep. And the Wolves are 1 1/2 point favorites in game 1. We gotta win that one. I'm looking for Ant to be over his virus and KAT to be back in game shape after 5 days of practice.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:20 pm
Lipoli390 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:11 pm

Sorry you had to witness that personally Lip, but how was the crowd today?
The crowd was fantastic, Cool. The arena was packed. The fans were loud and totally into the game until it was clearly over with around 5 minutes left in the game. The fans deserved better than the performance we saw today.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Losing to the Suns in the last game of the year isn’t an indicator or things to come in the playoffs. The Suns are a Veteran laden top heavy team that can beat anyone on any given night. The Wolves defense has been consistent all year which is less prone to slumps than offense. This loss might serve as a wake up call and get them to refocus their energy. I was worried they would be an overly confident team going in, this loss could be a blessing.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Porckchop wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:54 pm Losing to the Suns in the last game of the year isn’t an indicator or things to come in the playoffs. The Suns are a Veteran laden top heavy team that can beat anyone on any given night. The Wolves defense has been consistent all year which is less prone to slumps than offense. This loss might serve as a wake up call and get them to refocus their energy. I was worried they would be an overly confident team going in, this loss could be a blessing.
Yup! We got the Suns right where we want them - over confident. With a bunch of practice time and some good game planning, the Suns will never know what hit them in game one.

I blame Glen Taylor.