Predict the Series

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Wolvesfan21

Re: Predict the Series

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

I think we'll see Ant off the ball a bunch so they basically can't load up on him. Get him off screens and stuff. Get the ball moving around so he can cut a dice them up 1 on 1, don't let them load up. Ant bringing the ball up doesn't seem very smart to me on a regular basis. Plus if they are only playing 7 you want to make them work on defense. Tire them out, get them in foul trouble. And they are generally older, guys like Durant. We got better depth and youth on avg. Rudy and Conley I suppose are our vet dogs, but we don't need them to play huge minutes either. We can run small for some time with KAT at the 5, NAW, Ant, Jaden, maybe Naz on Durant. Might make for a great offense and decent enough on defense lineup.

I kind of like the idea of trying to make Durant beat you (with KAT or Naz as the primary defender) with ISO ball and due to his age. I think where you really get in trouble is when they got all the other guys really firing with open 3's. Beal, Allen, Book (Naw Ant and Jaden on those guys for the a lot of the game). If you can really limit those guys and lock them down I can see them struggling more on offense. Durant doesn't mind chucking up longer twos either. Bait him into those shots but still contest of course. Durant is more of a scorer as well less of an assist guy in general. So I might roll the dice and put our "big" on him. Durant is that good so he might torch you, but I think I'd rather see 35 year old Durant on our "weaker link" then having the entire team get rolling cause the other guys can get scorching hot too. Especially with speed and movement and great 3P shooting they have.
DNatagal

Post by DNatagal »

This is where Finch needs to coach up a set offense and go away from the "free flowing" offense that leads to Ant, KAT, and Naz getting sticky fingers. I love the idea of more backscreens and motion offense that comes when the 2nd unit is on the court. Maybe Finch and the coaches will start blowing a horn every time those 3 hold the ball on practice. They wait to long and allow the defense to react.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

We write about Kevin Durant getting older and not being what he once was. And then I sneak a peek at his stats this season.

27.1 ppg
6.6 reb
5.0 apg
52.3% fg
41.3% 3fg
0.9 stl
1.2 blk

Damn. He's still so damn good. Heck, if Edwards had those stats next season... we'd be pimping him for MVP while being very optimistic about our future. Meanwhile, it's a lesser season for a 35-year old. Granted... one of the top 20 players in NBA history.
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

Afternoon game… there goes home court advantage
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm We write about Kevin Durant getting older and not being what he once was. And then I sneak a peek at his stats this season.

27.1 ppg
6.6 reb
5.0 apg
52.3% fg
41.3% 3fg
0.9 stl
1.2 blk

Damn. He's still so damn good. Heck, if Edwards had those stats next season... we'd be pimping him for MVP while being very optimistic about our future. Meanwhile, it's a lesser season for a 35-year old. Granted... one of the top 20 players in NBA history.
And he still plays a ton of minutes
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

DNatagal wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm This is where Finch needs to coach up a set offense and go away from the "free flowing" offense that leads to Ant, KAT, and Naz getting sticky fingers. I love the idea of more backscreens and motion offense that comes when the 2nd unit is on the court. Maybe Finch and the coaches will start blowing a horn every time those 3 hold the ball on practice. They wait to long and allow the defense to react.
I don't like it when those guys stop the ball either, but if they could just stop turning the ball over we would be in much better shape. Our first quarter tomorrow is huge. No 10+ point deficit in the first half will go a long way.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

I’ll be at target center tomorrow with that said Wolves in 5
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

kekgeek wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 pm I’ll be at target center tomorrow with that said Wolves in 5
Good for you kek! Have fun! Should be crazy there.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Wolves win the first two at home. KAT averages 28 in the series mostly shooting 3's opening up the shell and exposing the soft underbelly of Phoenix defense.

Wolves in 5
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
FNG

Post by FNG »

kekgeek wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 pm I’ll be at target center tomorrow with that said Wolves in 5
Should be a lot of fun, kek, and you'll be able to watch in person what the Wolves intend to do defensively. I'm flying back to Minneapolis for a funeral Tuesday, so I'll be at Target Center that night for Game 2. If you can bring home a win today, the atmosphere will be a lot more crazy Tuesday night!