Rudy: B+
Naw: D+
Naz: B+
Slow Mo: B

With that said who cares. At least 4 more games with you idiots
Phenom

Re: Kekgeek grades G7 vs Nuggs

Post by Phenom »

Rudy's hit some timely shots, timely free throws and had timely offensive rebounds.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Phenom wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:12 pm Rudy's hit some timely shots, timely free throws and had timely offensive rebounds.
He really hurt us in the first half with this awkward hands and post game, but man, he really came through in the 2nd half, even if a couple of those shots were straight up lucky. The FTs were huge though.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

In case you guys didn't know, I love Jaden McDaniels. What a tough sonofabitch!
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:36 pm In case you guys didn't know, I love Jaden McDaniels. What a tough sonofabitch!
Some would call him Scottie Pippen like :)
FNG

Post by FNG »

I'm tempted to give everyone an A because we just stunned the champs on their home court, and I'm euphoric (but hungover) this morning. But this team is unique. We are a team first, and individuals second. Yes, Ant is the man and has carried us often this season and throughout the playoffs, and I have given him an A on many games this postseason. But I think he would be the first one to criticize his performance last night and shout out guys like KAT and Jaden (I haven't listened to the postgame stuff, but I'm guessing this is what he said.)

That said, I think we have to give Ant a C- last night at best. On the surface a 16/8/7 with only 1 turnover looks pretty good, especially when you consider the coaches asked him to take Murray on much of the night. But he scored only 16 on 24 shots...6 for 24, and 2 for 10 on threes! I think if we had lost this game, many of us would have attributed the loss to Ant's 25% shooting, and given him a very low grade. But we won! So I move him up to a C-.

Other than that, the grades I agree with and matter most are the A+ for Jaden and KAT and the D+ for NAW. So many here and in the national media have pointed out that Jaden is often the X factor...when he scores, we win. He and KAT were extraordinary on defense all night, and also gave us 46 points on the same 24 shots that yielded only 16 for Ant...how about that symmetry! And I thought they got their 46 points without forcing anything...taking what the defense gave them.

And then there's NAW. There is a lot of competition on this team to be my "favorite player", but I think most of the season it has been NAW. He brings it every night, seldom complains on the court, and has hit big shots all season. Our guys gave him so many good looks last night, but he went 0-5 from downtown. And he also had no rebounds and only 1 assist. Love the guy, but I can't disagree with Kek's D+. We need more from NAW in the next round.

But as I said earlier, this is a team, not a bunch of individuals. So the grade that matters most to me last night:

Minnesota Timberwolves: A+!
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

BTW, drinks tonight are on Conley. He earned a 750K bonus for making the Conference Finals!