2024 NBA Draft Day One GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q-is-here

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Day One GDT

Post by Q-is-here »

Phenom wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:09 pm
Porckchop wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:01 pm If Dillinghams best chance to reach his potential is on the offensive end, how does that work playing next the teams best player on the perimeter who will take the lions share of the shots. Will he get enough opportunities to offset his likely struggles on the the other end?
There were many instances last year where Ant needed someone to take the ball and take the attention of the defense.
Agreed Phenom. While we have scoring bigs in KAT and Naz, it just isn't the same as a perimeter player that can break down a defense off the dribble and create for himself or others. The "take turns" Tatum/Brown and Doncic/Irving pairings seemed to work pretty well!

That being said, Dillingham truly does have to get better defensively and fill out more. That is a legit concern. Without that, his ceiling might be 6th man bench scorer (which is still an important role).
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

How did Connelly get the Spurs interested in this deal? That pick is 7 years from now! Ant will only be 29, it's not likely to be a great pick. I'm can't fathom what just happened.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Denver moves up to take DaRon Holmes. One less big to choose from...
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Yikes, Denver traded up for DaRon Holmes. He's a stud that I was hoping we'd get at 27. Since Phoenix traded back to 28, maybe we can get Kolek there.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

It could be valuable to get a future 1st for an odd number year but I still want Sheierman
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Collier still available too.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q-is-here wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:26 pm
Phenom wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:09 pm
Porckchop wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:01 pm If Dillinghams best chance to reach his potential is on the offensive end, how does that work playing next the teams best player on the perimeter who will take the lions share of the shots. Will he get enough opportunities to offset his likely struggles on the the other end?
There were many instances last year where Ant needed someone to take the ball and take the attention of the defense.
Agreed Phenom. While we have scoring bigs in KAT and Naz, it just isn't the same as a perimeter player that can break down a defense off the dribble and create for himself or others. The "take turns" Tatum/Brown and Doncic/Irving pairings seemed to work pretty well!

That being said, Dillingham truly does have to get better defensively and fill out more. That is a legit concern. Without that, his ceiling might be 6th man bench scorer (which is still an important role).
Some physical comparisons:

Dillingham: 6’1, 165, 6’3 wingspan
Mike Conley: 5’11, 175, 6’5.75 wingspan
Steph Curry: 6’2, 181, 6’3.25 wingspan
Trae Young: 6’1, 178, 6’3 wingspan

It would seem his length is fine given his elite skills and apparent quickness. But that weight seems problematic. Conley was only 10 pounds heavier coming out of college, but he was 10 pounds heavier. :). And Conley has a significantly bigger wingspan that Dillingham. So we’ll see. I still really like the move and the pick. But I still would have preferred Devin Carter or Carlton Carrington.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:26 pm How did Connelly get the Spurs interested in this deal? That pick is 7 years from now! Ant will only be 29, it's not likely to be a great pick. I'm can't fathom what just happened.
I'm surprised too Cool. Sometimes teams REALLY loves those potentially high picks. I remember the Jazz gave up a fair amount of assets to be able to have that Lakers pick that could also end up being two 2nd rounders. This deal makes more sense for the Spurs than that deal IMO especially since that far out...you just never know. For a rebuilding team sometimes getting picks that far out can have value instead of picking players and not having spots for everyone. The Knicks made trades of players and moved some picks around for a couple years and they have been able to use those assets to help in adding to their roster in a big way.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Four picks left before 27. Schiereman and Shannon are still available.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:26 pm How did Connelly get the Spurs interested in this deal? That pick is 7 years from now! Ant will only be 29, it's not likely to be a great pick. I'm can't fathom what just happened.
Its two picks that the Spurs control now. 7 years is a long time and Spurs have two shots to get a great pick. Spurs are a patient organization and anything can happen--Ant could leave or be injured and Gobert and KAT will likely be gone or washed.
Last edited by KG4Ever on Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.