A Look into Chris Finch's Mindset as Camp Opens Soon

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
FNG

Re: A Look into Chris Finch's Mindset as Camp Opens Soon

Post by FNG »

Terrific discussion between two guys who really know basketball, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of this club.

One correction: Brit hypothesizes that Naz guarded 3's as well as he did 5's last season. I agree, but would have phrased it differently: "Naz guarded 3's as poorly as he guarded 5's last season." We've seen some improvement in KAT as a defender recently. How great would it be if we could see Naz show even a slight improvement on defense this season? I don't think it is out of the question. He's big (although not big enough to muscle up strong 5's) and athletic, and he works hard. There's little reason he shouldn't defend better than he does.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Well, this is the third camp where Finchy is trying to figure out ways to manufacture more efficient offense with a starting unit that don't fit all that great with each other (their defense is elite of course). We'll see if his third try is a charm.

As for Naz, it always disappoints me that for a guy with similar size to the likes of Al Horford and Bam Adebayo he just gets bullied in the paint and inevitably has to foul guys. He should be mostly fine though so long as KAT and Rudy stay healthy and man the vast majority of minutes at the 5.
Monster

Post by Monster »