Trade Deadline

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Trade Deadline

Post by Jester1534 »

Thought I make a thread for trade deadline. Who are some guys you guys would want the twins to go after? My top 4 are Edision Volquez, Yonder Alonso, Manny Machado, Pat Neshek.

1. Volquez 4-8 W/L 4.19 ERA he's a cheap option that has postseason experience with the Royals. Apparently him and Ervin are pretty tight.

2. Yonder Alonso (Rental player) but this team needs someone to protect Sano. He's s lefty hitting .272 this year with 21 bombs. I'm pretty admit that this team needs another bat in the line up. If that's at SS or DH. I would say 1B but like or not Mauer is a borderline gold glove winner this year so he's not going anywhere.

3. Machado, man I would like to see this team role the dice on this kid. I think he can play SS (can't be any worse than polonco) he's got one more year of arbitration left on his deal after this year, so essentially your get him for a season and a half. Plus after having a terrible half a season, he's heating up and is batting .333 in the month of July. I think Gordon one of our top 3 pitching prospects and kirilloff is enough for a deal. The twins know have 4 SS in there top 20 prospects which I believe makes Gordon expendable.

4. As for Neshek I think he will be cheap and will be a reliable arm. I've come around on Kintzler. I think he's the new version of Eddie Gurdardo. He's never going to have a clean 9th but gets out of it 98% of the time. Rogers/Duffey have grabbed that 8th inning role, we honestly just need a guy to pitch that 7th and maybe 8th inning.
Squishypoo [enjin:6648839]

Re: Trade Deadline

Post by Squishypoo [enjin:6648839] »

It's the twins where talking about, I would love to see them make some moves but i think they well do nothing like all ways.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Twins trade Nick Tepesch for cash considerations. I honestly forgot he was still with the Twins. Some people on twitter are complaining about trading a guy that isn't even healthy for cash. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Lol
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Time to think about selling if we drop more than 5 out? Ervin Santana if traded with his nice contract is going to bring a hall in if players. I also could see Eddie being traded too make room for Granite, Mollie sure seems to love him. Also wonder if Kintzler should be on the market as well. I'm just saying the cubs or Nationals would pay a kings ransom to a closer like Kintzler right now and his value has never been higher.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Jester1534 wrote:Time to think about selling if we drop more than 5 out? Ervin Santana if traded with his nice contract is going to bring a hall in if players. I also could see Eddie being traded too make room for Granite, Mollie sure seems to love him. Also wonder if Kintzler should be on the market as well. I'm just saying the cubs or Nationals would pay a kings ransom to a closer like Kintzler right now and his value has never been higher.

I think we should be sellers. I would want to know who is most important in the club house.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:Time to think about selling if we drop more than 5 out? Ervin Santana if traded with his nice contract is going to bring a hall in if players. I also could see Eddie being traded too make room for Granite, Mollie sure seems to love him. Also wonder if Kintzler should be on the market as well. I'm just saying the cubs or Nationals would pay a kings ransom to a closer like Kintzler right now and his value has never been higher.

I think we should be sellers. I would want to know who is most important in the club house.

I would have pause about dealing Kintzler. He seems to be a pretty good reliever and it sounds like from a few things I have read heard he really wants to be here for a couple years. Obviously if the return is as good as Jester thinks you would have to consider it. Lavine was on Wolfson's latest podcast and said they were looking at good baseball trades that could be helping now medium future and longer in the future. They have a number of ways to go. He talked about they now actually have some reasonable starting pitching depth through the rest of the season. He talked about all the pitchers that got hurt this season that they thought would be contributors and would be like acquisitions next year without giving up anything to get them.

Report: Twins would still consider trading Ervin Santana or Jaime Garcia if 'struggles continue'

http://www.1500espn.com/twins-2/2017/07/report-twins-still-consider-trading-ervin-santana-jaime-garcia-struggles-continue/

I would be for it if they get back a haul of young talent in return.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Report: Twins would still consider trading Ervin Santana or Jaime Garcia if 'struggles continue'

http://www.1500espn.com/twins-2/2017/07/report-twins-still-consider-trading-ervin-santana-jaime-garcia-struggles-continue/

I would be for it if they get back a haul of young talent in return.

I really think we can get Gleyber Torres from the Yankees for Ervin Santana swap and another high prospect and mid level one. Torres is ranked 3rd by baseball America but find a better pitcher this year who is available with a team friendly contract. We have to look at it this way Gonsalves, Romero and Jorge are 1-2 years off. Do we all think Ervin success will continue after this year or is he just having a career year?

Trade Santa while he is hot. I would be willing to package Santa, Garcia, and Kintzler. if you can get 2 or more top prospects for them. I would love to see us pull off a Knoublach or Pierzynski type trade. I would throw in Dozier into that group to shop.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

There's no question that the last three nights have been devastating...we lead the best team in baseball on the road all three nights, and we end up 0-3. Even worse, the teams we are chasing for the division and the WC are all winning...we're now 51/2 behind Cleveland and 4 back in the WC. No good.

All that said, our schedule gets much easier now, and I want to see how we do in the next two series...not to mention none of the teams ahead of us are world beaters (although they are hot right now). I want the brain trust to be looking at unloading players who can yield a great return, but wait until the last moment to pull the trigger. The race gap(s) could be much tighter in 3-4 days. If not, pull the trigger.