Twins playing games that matter: Regular season

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Re: Twins playing games that matter: Regular season

Post by Monster »

Just finished watching the condensed game from yesterday. The Twins now have the 6th best winning percentage in the Majors. There is a lot of baseball to go but this is quite the story so far.

One area the Twins have looked to make an improvement is when it comes to other teams stealing bases. They are much improved throwing out guys this year. Last year they threw out 20 base stealers. This year they have already thrown out 11 my guess is there were plenty of times last year teams didn't even run because the pitching staff was so bad but still that was clearly a weakness of that team and it may even be a strength now.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Sano, Mad Max, and Bad Boy Byron the key to this team. They provide the defense and offense. Santa is the MVP though.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Hey fellas I'm back I just finished up my first year and unfortunately my last year of scouting it was a fun year but being on the road 3/4 out of the year just wasn't for me espically being young and trying to start a family. I've taken a coaching job for basketball and baseball at a high school back in Minnesota. If you guys got any questions for me I'd love to answer them and I might know a thing or two about the upcoming draft lol

Anyways how about our twins this year who would've guessed we're 1/4 through he year and Sano would be #1 in OBP on baseball and Robbie grossman is #3. My complaint about the team is we need a 3rd pitcher and we need to go get him sooner than later. The braves just lose Freddie Freeman and within a week got a replacement in Matt Adams quickly from the cards. The guy I hope is available in a month or two is Johnny Cuteo I believe he has 2-3 years left on his deal and I think he would be a good fit for this ball club. Also in the playoffs I would love going in with a Cuteo Santana Berrios triple headed monster.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Welcome back Jester, sounds like you made the right move. I would be interesting in hearing what it's liek being a scout.

I'm not as much of a baseball guy, but I have paid attention to this team more so than in the recent past (yes, I'm a fair weather fan). It's nice to have a Minnesota team not named the Lynx have some success. But it seems precarious.....not sure these guys are this good on paper.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Jester welcome back. All that travel would be tough. Congrats on the new gig.

I'd be interested in any thoughts you have on the draft. What is your take on Hunter Greene?
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Q12543 wrote:Welcome back Jester, sounds like you made the right move. I would be interesting in hearing what it's liek being a scout.

I'm not as much of a baseball guy, but I have paid attention to this team more so than in the recent past (yes, I'm a fair weather fan). It's nice to have a Minnesota team not named the Lynx have some success. But it seems precarious.....not sure these guys are this good on paper.

A lot of run down high school fields and subway is your best friend lol it was fun but you literally have to stay at a motel every night and go on at least 4 hour car ride to get to the next place
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:Jester welcome back. All that travel would be tough. Congrats on the new gig.

I'd be interested in any thoughts you have on the draft. What is your take on Hunter Greene?

Honestly don't like the kid, don't like his attitude a little full of himself. I got to see him pitch 3 times and honestly don't think he's that great of a pitcher. He throws very hard consitently at 98-99 not 102 like SI likes to say. His curveball is ok and has no change up. He just rely on his fastball to get kids out in the majors they will be able to hit it.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Great to have you back, Jester!

If the Twins don't do with Greene with the first pick, do you think they should go with Brendan McKay or Kyle Wright? Both are polished college pitchers (although McKay may end up as a position player) so theoretically ready to help earlier then Greene. Did you scout both of them, and who do you think the Twins should pick?
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

longstrangetrip wrote:Great to have you back, Jester!

If the Twins don't do with Greene with the first pick, do you think they should go with Brendan McKay or Kyle Wright? Both are polished college pitchers (although McKay may end up as a position player) so theoretically ready to help earlier then Greene. Did you scout both of them, and who do you think the Twins should pick?

I didn't get to see McKay pitch so I can't speak on him. If seen Kyle Wright 5 times this year. I believe that he should be the number 1 pick in this year draft, he sits mid 90s with his fastball, his breaking stuff is very good and he has a serviceable change up. His biggest knock is he has command issues and that's what's plagued his junior season so far. A guy you can compare him too is Sonny Gray.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Thanks for the info Jester!

It does feel like there is a ton of hype about Hunter Greene and then what I keep hearing from a number of folks on podcasts that this isn't really a super high end draft at the top which made me more skeptical about Greene. Wolfson has been reporting the Twins may like McKay or Wright better. When/if the Twins pass on Greene there is going to be a huge outcry from fans. It's good to get some more info from someone who has seen him and others in person.