Things that Sid says...

Discussion about general topics
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Things that Sid says...

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

We may not have many more months to listen to the legend, so I thought it was time for this thread.

This morning I was listening to Sid and Dave as I was driving to church, and they had Max Kepler on. Sid's first question? "Did you know (Viking draft pick) Moritz Boehringer before the Vikings drafted him?".

I wish Kepler had responded: "Yes, Sid...all Germans know each other.. In fact, Angela Merkel was my babysitter."
Monster

Re: Things that Sid says...

Post by Monster »

I didn't know Sid when he was anything other than the old guy that I am told is a legend. We didn't get the startribune where I lived and if I ever did read an article it was just by someone I didn't really know who it was. I just don't have context for appreciating Sid although his son Chad seems like a smart guy based on some of his radio shows I have listened to the last few months. I enjoy hearing stories though and understanding more about his legacy. I just want to put out there that for me if feel sorta like in the TV show Parks and Recreation where Ben Wyatt's character never gets why people love Little Sebastian so much. The difference is that I know at some point years ago Sid did stuff worth appreciating. I don't think Little Sebastian did anything but be a miniature horse.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I liked Sid growing up and looked for his column all of the time. Then I sat next to him on a flight to Hollywood, FL and can't stand the guy.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I liked Sid growing up and looked for his column all of the time. Then I sat next to him on a flight to Hollywood, FL and can't stand the guy.

Wow. I have never heard anyone refer to it as the "Hollywood Airport". Fort Lauderdale. Broward County. Never Hollywood. Tip of the hat.

Two things I miss about Sid: Listening to him try to pronounce a difficult name, like Martina Navratilova. And arguing with callers. Actually, make it three things. Him getting into an argument with a bunch of callers about whether or not a player personnel decision will work, and then when the smallest positive thing happens, his "You know it alls, you Monday morning quarterbacks, well where are you now?" speech.