Visiting the Motor City Kitties

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Monster

Re: Visiting the Motor City Kitties

Post by Monster »

TheSP wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Well if you wondered how Zimmer feels about Keenum now we know. Lol

Also if you haven't seen this video of Zimmer with Deion this week it's IMO a must see.

http://m.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Zimmer-Joins-Deion-To-Talk-QB-Situation-Thielen-More/8a5d901c-41cc-47af-b57a-660fa3f252e8

On the one hand It kinda pisses me off that he won't give Case respect for his outstanding play so far this season. On the other I figure he feels he's gotta kiss Teddy's ass given he clearly wants him back next season. It's a delicate balancing act, keeping the hot hand on the field while not angering the future.

Of course I wonder how much concern there really is in the Spielman and Zimmer's offices over getting a QB signed for next season? The Vikings have a Super Bowl quality defense, one of the better offensive lines in the league, and top end talent at the skill positions in Cook, AJ, Diggs, and Rudolph. What other team going into the offseason can offer a starting QB position on a ready to contend team? As a free agent do you want to sign with a contender, or a rebuilding team? I cannot believe there will be a free agent QB that wouldn't want that job! I think the Vikings are going to be in a great position even with having zero experienced QBs on the roster as free agency opens!

I don't think it's hard for Zimmer to say nice things about Teddy. Let's say Teddy had a more typical injury that took him out for say 6 weeks and Keenum has been playing like this and let's say Teddy had struggled in the couple games he had played. I'be Heard head coaches say nice things about the guy waiting in the wings before so it's not that weird to have Zimmer say this stuff. Does it bother Keenum? I doubt it does. He has seen first hand how a player's career can end or be brushed aside for another guy. His team is winning and Teddy is a good dude. Plus his agent his already calculating the $$$$$ he is gonna get in a few ml this as long as Keenum doesn't completely fall apart.

The angle of the Vikings being a great destination helping the Vikings get a good QB is something I hadn't thought about. Along the same angle I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings pony up top backup money for Keenum and he is ok with that even to be a backup here. What team would he sign with that's actually good that he will be a starter after say week 5? This is supposed to be a loaded QB draft even if he goes somewhere and is solid he could get replaced. Here he could get money and be a waiting in the wings backup for a possible super bowl team. The Vikings have a ton of cap room so they could afford to pay 2 QBs a decent chunk of money. What else do they need to spend their money on this offseason aside from extensions for young players?
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Tomorrow is game day. Next 3 games are huge. If they win all of them they are front-runners in the NFC.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

With Detroit beating us at Home earlier, this is almost a must win. Detroit would have the tiebreakers and be just 1 game back if they win. To really take control of the division the Vikes need this one.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Well this has started out well. Let's keep it going.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Excellent start to the game with two offensive TDs and two defensive stops. Receivers are wide open and Keenum is hitting them...can't give enough credit to this offensive coordinator for his creativity.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

WolvesFan21 wrote:With Detroit beating us at Home earlier, this is almost a must win. Detroit would have the tiebreakers and be just 1 game back if they win. To really take control of the division the Vikes need this one.

Not almost, if they lose Detroit is the odds on favorite to win the division. They may not lose another game this season with their schedule and would own the tiebreaker, while the Vikes have two tough road games upcomming.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Well...this has gotten a little less good.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

monsterpile wrote:Well...this has gotten a little less good.

A little...but still dominating a good team on thier field. 14-5 in first downs, 175-95 in yards so far. And the scary thing is (unlike our Wolves) we are a second half team. This could get really ugly for the Lions soon.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Well...this has gotten a little less good.

A little...but still dominating a good team on thier field. 14-5 in first downs, 175-95 in yards so far. And the scary thing is (unlike our Wolves) we are a second half team. This could get really ugly for the Lions soon.

Oh I'm not worrying. It would be nice to get a FG at least to end this half.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Teddy who?