Teague
Wig
Taj
Tolliver
G
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Your Wolves Rotation?

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

I guess we're playing pretend here, but if we go back to reality, there is simply no way Thibs or any other head coach would bring Teague or Wiggins off the bench. It's just not happening. They would be traded before it ever go to that point (which I'm not necessarily opposed to, especially Wiggins). That being said, the most compelling starting lineup is the one Jerry put down: Tyus, Okogie, Cov, Saric, KAT.

On paper, that would be one hell of a defensive unit. On offense, Thibs would have to totally revamp things to run through KAT and Saric since none of the others are shot creators. That's where a lot of imagination would be needed and a ton of practice reps since it would be more of a motion/system based offense with the bigs at the fulcrum.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Q12543 wrote:I guess we're playing pretend here, but if we go back to reality, there is simply no way Thibs or any other head coach would bring Teague or Wiggins off the bench. It's just not happening. They would be traded before it ever go to that point (which I'm not necessarily opposed to, especially Wiggins). That being said, the most compelling starting lineup is the one Jerry put down: Tyus, Okogie, Cov, Saric, KAT.

On paper, that would be one hell of a defensive unit. On offense, Thibs would have to totally revamp things to run through KAT and Saric since none of the others are shot creators. That's where a lot of imagination would be needed and a ton of practice reps since it would be more of a motion/system based offense with the bigs at the fulcrum.

That's what i was thinking Q. Remember Sammich had Garnett and Tayshaun starting. Nobody got over 20 points in the first quarter.
Monster

Post by Monster »

BizarroJerry wrote:
Q12543 wrote:I guess we're playing pretend here, but if we go back to reality, there is simply no way Thibs or any other head coach would bring Teague or Wiggins off the bench. It's just not happening. They would be traded before it ever go to that point (which I'm not necessarily opposed to, especially Wiggins). That being said, the most compelling starting lineup is the one Jerry put down: Tyus, Okogie, Cov, Saric, KAT.

That's what i was thinking Q. Remember Sammich had Garnett and Tayshaun starting. Nobody got over 20 points in the first quarter.

That offensive unit could also be pretty challenged and Okogie's D is getting overrated and Wiggins underrated.

monsterpile wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:

That offensive unit could also be pretty challenged and Okogie's D is getting overrated and Wiggins underrated.

Fair points, but it seems like RoCo has lifted all boats when it comes to defense. I wonder if he'd do the same with Okogie. And unlike Wiggins, Okogie has the "want to" built into his DNA. Put him next to a communicative high IQ defender and he may take his defense to another level. Also, thanks to Wiggins continued regression, the gap between him and Okogie is shrinking.

Q12543 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:

Fair points, but it seems like RoCo has lifted all boats when it comes to defense. I wonder if he'd do the same with Okogie. And unlike Wiggins, Okogie has the "want to" built into his DNA. Put him next to a communicative high IQ defender and he may take his defense to another level. Also, thanks to Wiggins continued regression, the gap between him and Okogie is shrinking.

Yep. But imagine his work ethic coming off the bench. Would probably be worse if that's even possible.

BizarroJerry wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:

Yep. But imagine his work ethic coming off the bench. Would probably be worse if that's even possible.

They really need to cut bait with Wiggins. I'm sure he'll come out of this latest slump, but the "good" Wiggins still isn't all that much to write home about and we know that the semi-regular disappearing act will continue throughout his career.

I also saw something somewhere that his contributions, whether a good game or bad game, aren't really relevant to whether the Wolves win or not. So I don't think we really lose all that much by just trying to figure out a way to cut bait without getting much in return. Plug in Okogie and Rose to share duties at the 2 and be done with it.

Q12543 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:

They really need to cut bait with Wiggins. I'm sure he'll come out of this latest slump, but the "good" Wiggins still isn't all that much to write home about and we know that the semi-regular disappearing act will continue throughout his career.

I also saw something somewhere that his contributions, whether a good game or bad game, aren't really relevant to whether the Wolves win or not. So I don't think we really lose all that much by just trying to figure out a way to cut bait without getting much in return. Plug in Okogie and Rose to share duties at the 2 and be done with it.

But we need a salary match and it will be hard to find a trading partner.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

Lol. Okogie's defense is overrated?? watch him play at tell him his defienive ceiling isn't high. I don't care what the number says, dude can play defense. Throw him out there and you'll see improvement with his team defense each game. I'd love to see him play with Covington. He's better then Wig right now.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Duke13 wrote:Lol. Okogie's defense is overrated?? watch him play at tell him his defienive ceiling isn't high. I don't care what the number says, dude can play defense. Throw him out there and you'll see improvement with his team defense each game. I'd love to see him play with Covington. He's better then Wig right now.

I'm talking about what Okogie is right now. How many minutes has he played in this defensive resurgence since the trade? The idea that we are gonna throw some rookie out there as a starter and stifle NBA teams seems like overrating him to me. I actually think Covington is a complement to Wiggins in some ways defensively.