DLo to the Wolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
WildWolf2813

Re: DLo to the Wolves

Post by WildWolf2813 »

All in on the Obi Toppin bandwagon!!!!

As for Wiggins, don't let the door hit you. Wasted talent.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

BloopOracle wrote:He doesn't deserve to be crowned but hopefully this slows down some of the Rosas slander

Are you kidding me. DLO move is just plain stupid and the casual fans will soon learn what a piece of garbage he is. Rosas is an assclown.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
BloopOracle wrote:He doesn't deserve to be crowned but hopefully this slows down some of the Rosas slander

He traded up to draft one of the worst shooters in the NBA and his team trying to push for the playoffs is pushing for a top 5 pick instead. None of it has been slander. He's been real bad so far and has a lot to make up for. You know who would look good at the 3 next to a PnR duo of Russell/Towns and who plays defense? The guy we just traded away for a mid-late first round pick.

I can't disagree with this. At all.

IF Covington was gonna be part of the trade for Russell, so be it. But looking at the two things being unconnected... I understand the Covington deal A LOT less.

We always hear about player timelines. Do you know what one of the worst historical player timelines is...

A bunch of young guns trying to "get theirs" at the same time. Covington was a pro who was liked by the star player who didn't need the ball in his hands much and was willing to play defense.

My guess is that he feels Beasley will be a solid starter so we will see. The mid round pick is meh. The rest of the package, meh. Kind of throwing darts it felt like. Cov is a bit older though so I do agree with Rosas about going young.

Was Covington not a solid starter? Beasley is reportedly gonna ask for about the same amount of money.

And the days of building a team that grows and learns together is a dying breed in today's NBA. The days that everybody is the same age is pretty meh... especially when it's an organization with so little successful collateral.

I can talk myself into the Russell trade. He might not be the guy we need. Heck, he's probably not. I get it. He doesn't play D and is inefficient at stuff. And he keeps getting traded. All fair.

It's harder for me to digest the Covington trade after seeing this one though.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

He traded up to draft one of the worst shooters in the NBA and his team trying to push for the playoffs is pushing for a top 5 pick instead. None of it has been slander. He's been real bad so far and has a lot to make up for. You know who would look good at the 3 next to a PnR duo of Russell/Towns and who plays defense? The guy we just traded away for a mid-late first round pick.

IF Covington was gonna be part of the trade for Russell, so be it. But looking at the two things being unconnected... I understand the Covington deal A LOT less.

We always hear about player timelines. Do you know what one of the worst historical player timelines is...

A bunch of young guns trying to "get theirs" at the same time. Covington was a pro who was liked by the star player who didn't need the ball in his hands much and was willing to play defense.

My guess is that he feels Beasley will be a solid starter so we will see. The mid round pick is meh. The rest of the package, meh. Kind of throwing darts it felt like. Cov is a bit older though so I do agree with Rosas about going young.

Was Covington not a solid starter? Beasley is reportedly gonna ask for about the same amount of money.

And the days of building a team that grows and learns together is a dying breed in today's NBA. The days that everybody is the same age is pretty meh... especially when it's an organization with so little successful collateral.

I can talk myself into the Russell trade. He might not be the guy we need. Heck, he's probably not. I get it. He doesn't play D and is inefficient at stuff. And he keeps getting traded. All fair.

Franchises like this one don't have the kind of extended window to compete. That's why I've never embraced the concept of building a team like a boy band.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

I'm just trying to be optimistic since the team can't really get any worse can it? lol
GymRat [enjin:6592663]

Post by GymRat [enjin:6592663] »

You could also make the argument that if you wanted to trade Covington for younger talent on a different timeline, you could have swapped for Capela, then had 2 PnR dynamo options with Russell.

As it stands right now, can we definitively say we got the best player in the deal? I think so. Russell has his shortcomings, but he brings it every night and can actually dribble a basketball.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

WildWolf2813 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

Franchises like this one don't have the kind of extended window to compete. That's why I've never embraced the concept of building a team like a boy band.

Heck, even some boy bands were less strict about age requirements as some NBA fans...
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Absolutely Malik is the main piece in that trade, claiming it was only for a mid first is disingenuous. I'm also having trouble with the notion that Rosas was initially pushing for the playoffs lol. Trading a vet in Saric to move up in the draft? Letting all of our FA veterans leave? Gosh that sounds like the recipe for a title push!!!

Again Rosas hasn't been perfect but it's pretty silly to just make shit up about him. Let's hope the slander calms down for awhile now.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Jacob Evans also reunited with Culver right?
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Happy for Wiggins. He should do very well playing with the floor space he is going to get. As for the Timberwolves, the franchise is officially dead with virtually no chance of revival. KAT and Russell together simply will not translate to any more wins than we are seeing now. Believe it or not, darker days are ahead. Don't let the initial good vibe and shot in the arm fool you. This is the end of Wolves basketball. I stopped watching some games for the first time ever this season. I can't think of a reason why i will want to turn on the product again. Thank God I have the Bucks to root for, and as long as they have Giannis they will be great.

What a waste of time, $, and energy following the Wolves has been. Kudos to all of you who stuck in there with me when a lot of folks smartly bailed years earlier. I'll pop in from time to time to see how you are all doing, but I'm checked out on this team. Go Bucks!