Curious

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: Curious

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:SJM
Boy, you have really tied your cart to that "arm strength" horse, haven't you? It's pretty simple. The Vikings throw short because receivers need time to run deep, it's hard to throw deep when you are on your back, and it easier to throw short while your being tackled than to throw long.

Bridgewater was 13th in QBR. The Vikes were 31st in pressure. Not the good 31st, the bad 31st.

I really didn't want this to turn into a Bridgewater discussion, but I feel compelled to add my 2 cents here. Teddy has great intangibles, but he DOES have some physical limitations. There are certain throws that the strong armed QB's can make that Teddy can't. He also has some mechanical problems that result in poor accuracy on his deep throws. Improving the offensive line is going to help, but it's not going to turn Teddy into a top 5 quarterback. Today he's not in the top 15. But if he can get to that point he will continue to be serviceable. I'm just not sure you can win the big one with him.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:SJM
Boy, you have really tied your cart to that "arm strength" horse, haven't you? It's pretty simple. The Vikings throw short because receivers need time to run deep, it's hard to throw deep when you are on your back, and it easier to throw short while your being tackled than to throw long.

Bridgewater was 13th in QBR. The Vikes were 31st in pressure. Not the good 31st, the bad 31st.

I don't know where he finished or where to check, but I remember the announcers stating during a game around week 14 that Teddy held the ball longer than any other QB, so I am not sure that time was the issue.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

I hope my scuba gear holds up while I swim this river of Bullshit

Abe
His arm strength is just fine. And someday when he has a line that blocks and a receiver who can get deep AFTER he gets that big signing bonus, you'll see that.

Cool
"Top 5 quarterback"? Like Peyton Manning? Oh, wait he was 28th. So like Cam Newton? Oh, wait he was 9th. But at least TB is way better than Cousins. Oh, wait, he was 6th. And someday when he's 3rd he can go deep in the playoffs like Drew Brees.

SJM
I'll take it a easy on you since you at least admitted you don't something, a rarity on this board but desperately needed. I googled "Does Teddy Bridgewater hold the ball too long?". I got an article from BSPN. That time is from the snap to either the throw, when he crosses the line of scrimmage on a run, or the end of the play due to a sack. Keep in mind guys like Manning and Brady who don't scramble are always going to be quicker than guys like Newton, Wilson, or TB, because they don't run. It take more time to get sacked, or avoid one or more sacks and get out of the pocket and throw it to the receiver or out of bounds, than to just drop back and throw it to the receiver.

This guy is the real deal. I look forward to seeing what Loadholt's replacement, Kalil's replacement, and Wallace's replacement can do to help him with that.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:I hope my scuba gear holds up while I swim this river of Bullshit

Abe
His arm strength is just fine. And someday when he has a line that blocks and a receiver who can get deep AFTER he gets that big signing bonus, you'll see that.

Cool
"Top 5 quarterback"? Like Peyton Manning? Oh, wait he was 28th. So like Cam Newton? Oh, wait he was 9th. But at least TB is way better than Cousins. Oh, wait, he was 6th. And someday when he's 3rd he can go deep in the playoffs like Drew Brees.

SJM
I'll take it a easy on you since you at least admitted you don't something, a rarity on this board but desperately needed. I googled "Does Teddy Bridgewater hold the ball too long?". I got an article from BSPN. That time is from the snap to either the throw, when he crosses the line of scrimmage on a run, or the end of the play due to a sack. Keep in mind guys like Manning and Brady who don't scramble are always going to be quicker than guys like Newton, Wilson, or TB, because they don't run. It take more time to get sacked, or avoid one or more sacks and get out of the pocket and throw it to the receiver or out of bounds, than to just drop back and throw it to the receiver.

This guy is the real deal. I look forward to seeing what Loadholt's replacement, Kalil's replacement, and Wallace's replacement can do to help him with that.

Do you have a link for that? I am pretty sure they were referring to releasing the ball.

If the Manning and Brady are faster, how are their receivers getting downfield? That is what you were originally referring to, is it not?
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

sjm34 wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:I hope my scuba gear holds up while I swim this river of Bullshit

Abe

Cool

SJM

Do you have a link for that? I am pretty sure they were referring to releasing the ball.

If the Manning and Brady are faster, how are their receivers getting downfield? That is what you were originally referring to, is it not?

I told you the link. The receivers are running. And understand your logic. You are saying that it is only on plays which he throws. Ok. So why are we not saying he is not holding the ball long enough? He 13th by holding it 3.59 seconds. What if holds it 4.5 seconds?

There are two plays that summed up this arguement, the sack/fumble vs. DEN and AZ. If those two plays happen as planned, there is a chance MIN is 13-3 and the second seed. One play was AP's fault, which is a whole other can of worms. The other is the fault of an OT who is scheduled to make $11m next year getting bullrushed by a guy who weighs 50 pounds less than him and was signed in early November. But please, tell me again how that Teddy's faults, Norv's fault, Sid Fault's and Mccomb's fault, but not Kalil, or the receiver's fault for not being open.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

This thread is getting way off track from it's intended course.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Camden wrote:This thread is getting way off track from it's intended course.

I'm confused....
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
sjm34 wrote:

Abe

Cool

SJM

I told you the link. The receivers are running. And understand your logic. You are saying that it is only on plays which he throws. Ok. So why are we not saying he is not holding the ball long enough? He 13th by holding it 3.59 seconds. What if holds it 4.5 seconds?

There are two plays that summed up this arguement, the sack/fumble vs. DEN and AZ. If those two plays happen as planned, there is a chance MIN is 13-3 and the second seed. One play was AP's fault, which is a whole other can of worms. The other is the fault of an OT who is scheduled to make $11m next year getting bullrushed by a guy who weighs 50 pounds less than him and was signed in early November. But please, tell me again how that Teddy's faults, Norv's fault, Sid Fault's and Mccomb's fault, but not Kalil, or the receiver's fault for not being open.

I looked at the only ESPN story that came up on the first page. It stated this -

Bridgewater held the ball for an average of 3.59 seconds against the Raiders, according to ESPN Stats and Information. That's the highest total of the season, by more than one-third of a second, and is the seventh-highest single-game total since 2010.

That article is only based on that game, so I don't know if it backs up my claim on holding the ball for the whole season, but, I'm sure someone can find that stat.

Let me be clear that I never stated he wasn't holding the ball long enough? I said he wasn't getting the ball downfield, and you said - The Vikings throw short because receivers need time to run deep, it's hard to throw deep when you are on your back, and it easier to throw short while your being tackled than to throw long.

He clearly has had enough time to let his receivers get downfield.

IMO the vikings made the PO's mostly due to their defense, not their offense, and certainly not their passing game.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I'm curious. Would anyone trade Andrew Wiggins for Jahlil Okafor straight up? Hypothetically, we'd be drafting Brandon Ingram this year to replace him on the wing.

Rubio / LaVine / Ingram / Towns / Okafor

Edit: I'm not saying we should trade Wiggins or that we need to trade Wiggins. Do not misquote me. I wonder if that could be a topic to discuss.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Camden0916 wrote:I'm curious. Would anyone trade Andrew Wiggins for Jahlil Okafor straight up? Hypothetically, we'd be drafting Brandon Ingram this year to replace him on the wing.

Rubio / LaVine / Ingram / Towns / Okafor

Edit: I'm not saying we should trade Wiggins or that we need to trade Wiggins. Do not misquote me. I wonder if that could be a topic to discuss.

Nope. Hang up the phone right away