Kings in the lead?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Phenom

Re: Kings in the lead?

Post by Phenom »

longstrangetrip wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:If recent reports are true that the Wolves aren't interested in what Boston has, then I suspect they want vets instead of picks.

I haven't seen those reports, phenom. But with all the news and rumors swirling about, I easily could have missed something. Do you have a link, or do you remember who on the Wolves commented?

Seems strange that they would comment at all, since their official position is that Love is coming back.

It was speculation from ESPN. I saw it on hoopshype. Of course ESPN doesnt seem to ever know whats going on in Minnesota.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Would you guys do Love for Thomas (S&T), Mclemore, Terry (can be cut I believe),Outlaw (Expiring), 8 (Mcdermott, I am higher on him than most) and Unprotected 2015 first round pick

Then flip Barea and Bud for Allen and Prince (was rumored at the deadline)

Draft Stuaskas at 13 if available

PG: Rubio/Thomas/Shved
SG: Martin/Allen/Mclemore
SF: Brewer/Stauskas/Shabazz/Prince
PF: Mcdermott/MLE (or Cunningham/Hill/Patterson)/ LRAM
C: Pek/Dieng/Turiaf
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

The Kings trade idea in general is at least interesting. They'd have to break up the deal into two parts so that Thomas S&T was a different deal, but perhaps agreed upon in principle, which is maybe what you meant. I don't get why Thomas would want to play in Minnesota, though, and ultimately it'd be his decision. Maybe make this into a two part trade with the Kings first sign-and-trading Thomas for assets.

I would also think about going for their 2016 1st instead of 2015. Love and Gay wouldn't be there. That team would be shit outta luck and probably top-three in the lottery bad. I don't see 2015 Kings even with Love being that good, but I'd argue they wouldn't be top-five worst either.

If this were to go perfectly right for the Wolves, which nothing usually does, I'd use 8 + K-Mart and move up to Utah at 5. Then take 5 + 13 and go for Philly's No. 3 pick if Jabari/Wiggins was available. Rumor has it they really like Marcus Smart and they could get him or Exum at No. 5 while picking up another lottery pick. Or possibly they take Randle and pair him up with Noel in the frontcourt. MCW/Smart/Randle/Noel and a pick at 13? Good work, Philly.

PG: Rubio/ --
SG: McLemore/Brewer
SF: Parker/Muhammad
PF: -- / --
C: Pekovic/Dieng

Anyways. After the result of the MIN/SAC, MIN/UTA and MIN/PHI trades... No. 3 + McLemore + 2016 SAC 1st is good work from the Wolves FO. That's without including what an Isaiah Thomas trade could also include.

Unfortunately I don't see Flip taking assets in a trade and trying to climb higher in the draft. Probably just take what he gets in the Love deal and stick with it. Maybe a minor move, but nothing like I've written above.
worldK

Post by worldK »

The kings is actually a decent option for us.

#8, Gay mclemore terry expiring and a future first for
Love,martin and bud.

Gay is a big expiring contract and a very good player who will keep us at least competitive in games and a good fit with rubio. Mclemore gives us young guy with lots of potential and we save a lot of cap space after the season by getting rid of martin and buds deal. We draft vonleh at 8 and keep pek.

Gay/vonleh/pek/rubio/mclemore with brew and dieng behinf them is going to be fun to watch at least. Rubio steps up as the de facto leader of the team.

One more reason why the kings is starting to appeal to me is that its a stick it to love deal because of their willingness to take love even without a guarantee of love to resign.

For one, i dont think love and dmc are a good match personality wise and kings may have a shot at making the playoffs but it wont be a guarantee they made it. I could see love opting to join the lakers or knicks in free agency rather than teaigning with sac after next season.

#8, Gay mclemore terry expiring and a future first for Love,martin and bud. wrote:

Wouldn't include Martin in this trade. Not a Rudy Gay fan either. I'd be looking to trade him.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Camden0916 wrote:
#8, Gay mclemore terry expiring and a future first for Love,martin and bud. wrote:

Wouldn't include Martin in this trade. Not a Rudy Gay fan either. I'd be looking to trade him.

I think you need to trade martin if your going to trade love to shed his salary. Martin dont make sense for us if we are rebuilding.

Gay is not a bad player and is actually the type of wing who will work well with rubio. He can create his own shot and play off the ball as well, i dont think we ever had a wing like that.

worldK wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

I think you need to trade martin if your going to trade love to shed his salary. Martin dont make sense for us if we are rebuilding.

Gay is not a bad player and is actually the type of wing who will work well with rubio. He can create his own shot and play off the ball as well, i dont think we ever had a wing like that.

If Martin doesn't make sense for us rebuilding, then neither does Pek or Gay. And by create his own shot, do you mean doing a couple dribble moves and then hoisting up a tough mid-range jumper? There's a reason why the teams he's been on get better when he leaves. I'll give credit to him that he played efficient basketball for the Kings, but I still wouldn't want him.

So if we're keeping Gay, then I'll keep Martin too and try to trade both of them by the trade deadline. Value-wise, throwing Martin in that deal makes zero sense to me. We'd be giving up the best player and arguably the 2nd best player in the trade. (To stay on track, Gay may have an edge on Martin statistically, but I think Martin hurts you much less)

I only do a trade with the Kings if we have trades lined up after in which we can turn 8 into something better. If it's 8 + Gay, then so be it. Maybe 8 + Gay to Utah for 5. I don't know, but that's what I'd want in order to make this deal good for us.

Actually, I'm not a fan of the Love-to-Kings deal after I keep thinking about it. I feel pretty confident that we can take Gibson/Mirotic/Butler/16/19 from Chicago and then flip Gibson to the Kings for that No. 8 pick. 95% positive on that front. Then the question becomes do you keep Mirotic, or try to flip him for a top-10 pick (to the Lakers possibly)? I would. Why would LA? He's the best prospect in Europe right now and he's trying to come to the NBA right now. Still 23 years old.

No. 7 (Mirotic trade), No. 8 (Gibson trade), No. 16, No. 19 and Butler for Love. We'd have five 1st rounders in this draft including ours plus a 24 year old starting caliber SF. That's IF those two following trades worked out. Then try to move up to 5-or higher. Ideally we could give up No. 8 + 16 + Martin to Utah for that No. 5 spot. Not only would we move up to a great spot in the draft, we'd open up minutes for a young SG. Speaking of which, we could grab Smart, assuming the Magic take Exum.

At No. 7 we should have one of Randle/Vonleh. I think Randle's better, but I'd be good with Vonleh if he's gone.

1. CLE: Embiid
2. MIL: Wiggins
3. PHI: Parker
4. ORL: Exum (they really like Smart tho)
5. MIN: Smart (would take Exum here if Smart was gone)
6. BOS: Gordon (Randle has more star power)
7. MIN: Randle (should BOS take Randle, I go Vonleh over Gordon)
8. UTA: Vonleh
9. CHA: LaVine (Jordan's gonna Jordan)
10. PHI: Saric
11. DEN: McDermott
12. ORL: Young
13. MIN: Stauskas
19: MIN: Payne

PG: Rubio/Barea
SG: Smart/Stauskas
SF: Butler/Brewer
PF: Randle/Payne
C: Pekovic/Dieng

Smart, Randle, Payne and Butler for Love and Martin, essentially. We went from offensive-minded to defensive minded in a snap, while getting much more athletic. I've probably talked about this too much, but the CHI deal could turn out to be the best deal for us and Love. It all depends on trading Mirotic to LA and Gibson to SAC.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

Staukus won't last until 13 according to mocks. So we take him at 8 and Adrienne Payne at 13, as Vonleh will be gone
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

unless we get Maclemore in the trade, never mind