Wolves involved in S&T scenarios with AK.

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Re: Wolves involved in S&T scenarios with AK.

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

lipoli390 wrote:I agree that a sign-and-trade for Martin makes far more sense. At this point, the name of the game in my mind is reducing payroll enough to sign AK47 using the Bird Exception without getting too close to the luxury tax threshold. We had just enough to sign Martin as a free agent and put us right at around the $58 million cap after waiving Gelebale and Stiemer. That wouldn't leave us with enough to sign Pek at $12 million per year and AK at $6-7 million per year. If we can swap Luke and someone else to OKC for Martin, that would give us just enough breathing space to sign Pek and AK47. Let's hope that's what's happening.

I also hope we're dealing Luke and not Barea.

I agree on all of this, except for the part with Barea. I would love to get his salary off the books. That would be awesome.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

One possible scenario I could see would have us trading Luke and Chris Johnson as a sign-and-trade for Kevin Martin. If so, after signing Pekovic at $12 million per year, we'd have a total payroll of about $60.2 million for 11 players. We could sign AK47 for three years at a flat $6 million per year and be about $5.0 million under the luxury tax threshold. That's cutting it pretty close with a couple roster spots yet to fill. I could see us bringing back Stiemer at the room exception. I'd rather just trade Luke without also trading Johnson because I really like Johnson's contract and athleticism. But I'm not sure salaries would match with Luke straight us for Martin.

lipoli390 wrote:One possible scenario I could see would have us trading Luke and Chris Johnson as a sign-and-trade for Kevin Martin. If so, after signing Pekovic at $12 million per year, we'd have a total payroll of about $60.2 million for 11 players. We could sign AK47 for three years at a flat $6 million per year and be about $5.0 million under the luxury tax threshold. That's cutting it pretty close with a couple roster spots yet to fill. I could see us bringing back Stiemer at the room exception. I'd rather just trade Luke without also trading Johnson because I really like Johnson's contract and athleticism. But I'm not sure salaries would match with Luke straight us for Martin.

I love Johnson, and am curious why he got so little minutes. That one game he got six blocks and six points in 7 minutes and then didn't play until 3 minutes left in the game. As for Luke straight up, it is just under due to the 150% rule. That is why I am freaking out about us dumping Gelly and Steimsma. I hope they like J.J. more because that works straight up. I hope the T-Wolves can get AK back though! :thumb:
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Isn't the rule 125% though?

I think Flip messed up by dumping all of our unguaranteed deals because they could have been very valuable in a S&T.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

I thought it was $125 too. I think it makes more sense to keep Barea due to how his skillset works with the rest of the team compared to Ridnour, but I wont be upset either way.

If a team is over the cap it is 150% plus 100,000 up to five million.

You are confusing the trade rules with Qualifying offers which is either the minimum salary plus 200,000, or 125%. (whichever is bigger.)

TheGrey08 wrote:I thought it was $125 too. I think it makes more sense to keep Barea due to how his skillset works with the rest of the team compared to Ridnour, but I wont be upset either way.

It used to be 125%, but it was "fixed" to 150% + 100,000
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Oh yeah.. it was changed in the new cba wasn't it.

TheGrey08 wrote:Oh yeah.. it was changed in the new cba wasn't it.

Yep, I was thrilled because you used to not be able to trade a 1MM player for a 1.4MM player, haha.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Well this is screwing up my prediction that he opted out with every intention of resigning... hate when that happens.