Houston, we have a problem - Wolves at Rockets GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Houston, we have a problem - Wolves at Rockets GDT

Post by Lipoli390 »

That last play was indicative of what I see a lot from Wiggins in person. Failing to react to and pursue the loose ball.
northernhoops [enjin:9491634]

Post by northernhoops [enjin:9491634] »

Nice night for Kmart so far
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

lipoli390 wrote:That last play was indicative of what I see a lot from Wiggins in person. Failing to react to and pursue the loose ball.

Yup. He has yet to show the motor to every reach the potential he seems to have. He will still be a very good player, and a part of our core. But he will not be the best player on our team. Maybe not even the 2nd best player. Etc...
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Wiggins lollygags his way back on defense. Harden drains the 3. His motor sucks. Cool better get here to defend him...
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Did you see Wiggins jogging down the floor on that last score by Houston. Sorry I'm picking on Wiggins tonight, but there's no excuse for lack of hustle. I didn't realize it would be so obvious on tv. I see it all the time live at target center.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

If Bazz or LaVine slacked like Wiggins does, they'd be yanked and ride the pine. Hence some of the resentment we're hearing from those guys.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

lipoli390 wrote:Did you see Wiggins jogging down the floor on that last score by Houston. Sorry I'm picking on Wiggins tonight, but there's no excuse for lack of hustle. I didn't realize it would be so obvious on tv. I see it all the time live at target center.

They're not playing the Cavs, he doesn't understand what all the fuss is about.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

As long as we're picking on Wiggins, here's another thing that bugs me about him defensively:

You know Harden is going to get a high screen when he has the ball out on top. For God's sake, for once in your life can you anticipate the effing screen and fight over it!?! He runs right smack into the screen, introduces himself to the screener, and then gets around him. Argh!

Edit: I saw this same thing last night against Westbrook. Wiggins just doesn't have enough "dog" in him sometimes.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

I'm not a James Harden fan with this flopping around and arm-bar tactics to draw fouls, BUT he threw one of the most amazing passes I've seen this year.

Benz and J-Pete didn't even notice it. It was that side out of bounds play where he got the ball and then basically did a no-look skip pass to (Ariza I think it was) to the opposite corner for a 3. Now keep in mind Ariza wasn't standing there calling for the ball. The space was vacated and Harden basically led Ariza to the spot for an open shot. Unfortunately he missed, but it was an unbelievable pass.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Wiggins taking a beating on this board tonight. He deserved it for his jogging around. Im 1 of his biggest supporter here but I get frustrated with his jugging as well. He has to improve his motor.