Line ups

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Line ups

Post by Monster »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:I generally agree with that article. Lavine is going to play, whereas Bud may not get as much time as people think. Also, I tend to agree that Brewer is a great fit in a 6th man role. A lot of us seem to want to move CoBrew but I don't. I thought he was really good for us last year, and now that he can play a role more suited to him he might be even better.

I think the problem Cool is that last season was a career year for Corey Brewer and a ton of it had to do with the fact he was in the starting lineup with Love, Pek, Martin, and Rubio. He had a career best in both the percentage of shots he took at the rim and his FG% at the rim. This is due almost exclusively to all of those outlet passes. That ain't happening this year and his efficiency will almost certainly regress back to what he did in the past - which is pretty poor.

Defensively, he's a risk taker. He gambles a ton - reaches a lot - and his defense has been consistently overrated since he came out of college. He's not a poor defender, but he's a risky defender. He's good at ball-denial and creating turnovers, but once his man gets the ball and squares up on him, he isn't very good.

The other problem is that of the wings we have, he is the most redundant with Wiggins. Martin and Bud can shoot. LaVine can handle the ball. Shabazz can post up, play a little small-ball 4, and has a nose for scoring.

Brewer also happens to be the guy that can probably get us the most in return (other than Wiggins of course). I think we could flip him for a pretty decent player or future pick.

I like Corey Brewer. He hustles his ass off. But if the goal is to make way for the development of the young guys, something probably has to give. And Brewer seems like the best choice to shop around.

Q, that's a well thought out reasonable post. I suppose if we were ready to contend right now, holding on to Brew might make more sense. But your point about the redundancy is a good one. If we have to move him, let's gets more than Anthony Randolph.

Flip said he wants vets Brew has his flaws but you can't coach playing your ass off like Brew does and he is all about team and he is a guy that Loves to be a Timberwolf. I see no point in moving him since I don't see getting something back thats more valuable than he is. I think its pretty clear Flip isn't interested in moving him. Also Flip may be less concerned about PF depth since he has said a couple times now the league is changing and Bazz could maybe even play a small ball 4. I think its possible
Monster

Post by Monster »

Also interesting fact JJ actually averaged the fewest minutes (18.6) last year since his 2nd year in the league back in 2007-2008. Thats right around his career average. I don't think anywhere he goes is going to give him alot of minutes unless there is a bunch of injuries which is why he got his career high of 25mpg his first year with the wolves.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

I'd like to see the minutes spread around evenly. I would keep Rubio under 35, and everyone else between 20-25.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Here is the line ups I would like to see:

Starting:
Rubio,Martin,Wiggins,Young,Pekovic (16 a night)

Middle:
Rubio LaVine, Wiggins, Young, Dieng (8 a night)
LaVine, Martin, Brewer, Bennett, Dieng (8 a night)
Williams, Brewer, Shabazz, Bennett, Pekovic (4 a night)
Williams, Martin, Shabazz,Bennett, Dieng (4 a night)

Finishing:
Rubio, Williams Wiggins, Young, Pekovic (8 minutes a night)

Player Totals
----------------------
1. Rubio (32)
2. Wiggins (32)
3. Young (32)
4. Martin (28)
5. Pekovic (28)
6. Dieng (20)
7. Williams (16)
8. LaVine (16)
9 . Bennett (16)
10. Brewer (12)