GDT: The Promise of Hope

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Wolvesfan21

Re: GDT: The Promise of Hope

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:00 am
Wolvesfan21 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:54 am
TheGrey08 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:49 am
Yeah well the refs did a bad job of trying to extend the series the other night with multiple sht calls
Foster (I think it was him) did call 3 seconds twice as well which normally gets ignored. As a crew and whole, yeah I thought we were getting some bad calls though, look at our foul trouble we were in. I did like that they called 3 seconds twice though. That was rare.
The L2M report indicates that both teams received ONE favorable call.

- Edwards fouled Doncic before his shooting motion.
- Edwards was not called for defensive three seconds.

There were a couple drives Ant didn't get calls I am more referencing. The calls Luka and most stars get, Ant doesn't get the favorable whistle. They can be considered 50/50 calls. I think KAT is the same where there are a couple calls a game they don't get. Though every call on KAT was a foul. You can't question that. Keep your hands up, move your feet. Stay in front. You can do it.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:54 am Foster (I think it was him) did call 3 seconds twice as well which normally gets ignored. As a crew and whole, yeah I thought we were getting some bad calls though, look at our foul trouble we were in. I did like that they called 3 seconds twice though. That was rare.

The report is mostly meaningless at this point. KAT's 6th foul was objectively wrong. Luka lunged into KAT and that's the only reason there was even contact even with KAT jumping forward. By definition that has been an offensive foul for at least 3 seasons now.
Here's the vid: https://x.com/NBAOfficial/status/1443591620901761040

The refs get baited multiple times a game for calls in favor of Luka, some of which should be offensive and not defensive.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

TheGrey08 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:52 am
Wolvesfan21 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:54 am Foster (I think it was him) did call 3 seconds twice as well which normally gets ignored. As a crew and whole, yeah I thought we were getting some bad calls though, look at our foul trouble we were in. I did like that they called 3 seconds twice though. That was rare.

The report is mostly meaningless at this point. KAT's 6th foul was objectively wrong. Luka lunged into KAT and that's the only reason there was even contact even with KAT jumping forward. By definition that has been an offensive foul for at least 3 seasons now.

The refs get baited multiple times a game for calls in favor of Luka, some of which should be offensive and not defensive.
I think that was 50/50. Luka, gets the whistle too much. He jumped a bit forward for sure. I think a no call versus offensive or defensive would have been ideal to me. The other one where Ant got called at the end of the game on Lukas 3 (almost 4 point play) looked bad. But I didn't watch any replays. It didn't look like he touched him, if he did it was more of a no call again to me. Luka gets a great whistle.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:01 am
TheGrey08 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:52 am The report is mostly meaningless at this point. KAT's 6th foul was objectively wrong. Luka lunged into KAT and that's the only reason there was even contact even with KAT jumping forward. By definition that has been an offensive foul for at least 3 seasons now.

I think that was 50/50. Luka, gets the whistle too much. He jumped a bit forward for sure. I think a no call versus offensive or defensive would have been ideal to me. The other one where Ant got called at the end of the game on Lukas 3 (almost 4 point play) looked bad. But I didn't watch any replays. It didn't look like he touched him, if he did it was more of a no call again to me. Luka gets a great whistle.
The video has all 3 examples, offensive foul, no call, defensive foul. It was clearly one of the first 2, but I do agree with a playoffs no call even though by the letter of the rule it would be offensive because he lunged into KAT at nearly a 45 degree angle. It was not close to a normal shooting motion. It's even more comical because the offensive foul example is Luka. haha

The Ant one I thought was at best a no call, but it was at least close to me.

The insane thing about Luka getting a great whistle is that he's the biggest whiner I've seen in the NBA in years. We have complained about KAT doing it and he's not even close to Luka in that regard. It's comically ridiculous.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Yeah, the "every star does it, look at Towns and Edwards" immediate and programmed retort just doesn't ring true.

There are levels to this stuff.

Otherwise, people would claim both Edwards and Doncic are peers as superstars. It's ok to concede that Doncic is better. Likewise, his fans should be able to concede he whines more. There really is no debate about it at this point.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

The thing that bugs the shit out of me about Doncic is that he is in a CONSTANT dialogue with the officials. It never stops. I'm sorry, but if it's OK to constantly be talking to an official, that means it should be OK for all 10 guys on the court plus the two head coaches to chat with the officials constantly, right? But we know that it would be untenable. So why does one player have the right to constantly be lobbying and chatting with the officials????
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Q-is-here wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:04 pm The thing that bugs the shit out of me about Doncic is that he is in a CONSTANT dialogue with the officials. It never stops. I'm sorry, but if it's OK to constantly be talking to an official, that means it should be OK for all 10 guys on the court plus the two head coaches to chat with the officials constantly, right? But we know that it would be untenable. So why does one player have the right to constantly be lobbying and chatting with the officials????
They should be T'ing him him up more during the regular season to get him to stop doing it so much. You can't really start in the playoffs now after not really enforcing it much throughout the year.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

It seems like KG will be in the building tonight
Yosimar

Post by Yosimar »

Gonna need Ant and Kat to both score close to 25+ today to have a chance. I can't see Kyrie going cold as ice in back to backs. Really do like the switch with Jaden guarding him, and Ant taking Luka. As talented as Luka is, he's nowhere as active as Kyrie which saves up some of ANT's energy throughout the game. The draw back being Luka is a much better foul baiter the likes of SGA so it leads to ANT potentially getting into foul trouble.

Offensively can we somehow figure out a way to get fat ass Luka to play some defense instead of just letting him stand in the corner "guarding" McDaniels?. I'd love to see them figure out a way to get Luka to have to guard ANT. Kat needs to get into the paint and make some easy buckets then let that get his mojo going for the 3's and ANT needs to drive like maniac to the rack if that soft double is coming split it. Finish some tough layups, get some dunks or draw fouls. Don't fall in love with jumpers.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Yosimar wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:29 pm Gonna need Ant and Kat to both score close to 25+ today to have a chance. I can't see Kyrie going cold as ice in back to backs. Really do like the switch with Jaden guarding him, and Ant taking Luka. As talented as Luka is, he's nowhere as active as Kyrie which saves up some of ANT's energy throughout the game. The draw back being Luka is a much better foul baiter the likes of SGA so it leads to ANT potentially getting into foul trouble.

Offensively can we somehow figure out a way to get fat ass Luka to play some defense instead of just letting him stand in the corner "guarding" McDaniels?. I'd love to see them figure out a way to get Luka to have to guard ANT. Kat needs to get into the paint and make some easy buckets then let that get his mojo going for the 3's and ANT needs to drive like maniac to the rack if that soft double is coming split it. Finish some tough layups, get some dunks or draw fouls. Don't fall in love with jumpers.
Yeah, not sure why they don't use McDaniels as a screener and clear out a side for him and Ant to put Luka in action.