last roster spots (most of these players will be sent to Iowa)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: last roster spots (most of these players will be sent to Iowa)

Post by Monster »

KG4Ever wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:51 pm Wolves sign Jaedon Ledee to Exhibit 10 deal.
I like him staying with the organization in Iowa. I see him as a guy that could take a step forward with a year in the G-league. I don't see a guy with a ton of upside but a guy that could find a role in the league with a somewhat diverse skill set. He is a guy that might provide the Wolves with someone with some physical girth that the Wolves sometimes don't possess. He will more likely end up having a nice career playing internationally.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Really hoping they have a different head coach/staff down in Iowa this year. Last year was atrocious and it's such an important part of the talent pipeline given the cap constraints.
Monster

Post by Monster »

We got him!!! Trevor Keels is back!
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Monster wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:45 pm We got him!!! Trevor Keels is back!
Well, that was fun while it lasted! Poor Trevor was cut today and is probably headed back to Iowa.
Monster

Post by Monster »

KG4Ever wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:09 pm
Monster wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:45 pm We got him!!! Trevor Keels is back!
Well, that was fun while it lasted! Poor Trevor was cut today and is probably headed back to Iowa.
Damn the season is over what we're we thinking!?!

This is mostly just about Keels heading back to Iowa. Q can chime in on Keels as he watched some games down there but he put up a solid overall season in Iowa statistically on offense. He is still pretty young turning 21 a few weeks ago. I was a fan of Keels coming out of college as a guy with potential especially where he was projected to be picked. From what I have seen of him as a pro he simply doesn't look like he has much explosion at all. He measured 13.5% body fat at the combine and is certainly not skinny. He has combo guard at best length for a guard so other than being hefty he isn't particularly physically gifted. What I liked about him in college was he seemed willing to defend and play a variety of roles and he had the skills to do that. At this point I wouldn't say he has some sort of awesome upside but he might be a guy if he develops that could help a team as a potentially somewhat versatile depth guy. He has to be able to hit 3's and be able to play a passable PG. He also obviously can't be a zero on defense. Does he have a body transformation as a possible path to getting better? Idk but it does seem like he has improved on the whole some every year he has been a pro in the opportunities he has had. He certainly isn't a bad guy to have returning to Iowa.