Chris Archer

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Chris Archer

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:How do we fix the bullpen?

With your young guys remember we had Jay and Burdi go down last year those guys have excellent stuff. I been told the team really wants to bring back kintzler which I believe he's 35 so shouldn't be too much money.

Kintzler
Belisle
Rogers
Buesnitz
Hilldenberg
Jay
Burdi
Bring back Gee as a long reliever

That's a pretty decent bullpen espically I think Jay or Burdi will eventually be our closer

There were more young guys that were hurt last year that could help too. I think Falvey or Lavine mentioned that recently and mentioned it a few weeks ago with Wolfson.

Yeah, I'm actually kind of excited about the prospects for this bullpen. Some of the guys who came on this season as it progressed really grew on me, and Jester has a pretty good list of guys who are waiting in the wings. I would also add John Curtiss to the list of potential closers...he has the typical command issues of a young power pitcher, but his stuff is very good.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

If we end up not signing Kintzler or Belisle would you guys be cool with with Hildenberger as the closer? I don't see this happening because I can't see Belisle going anywhere else but I really like Trevor and think he has closer quality stuff.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Jester - I would be more disappointed that we did nothing or took a step backward in the bullpen.

It looks like Perkins won't be back after we bought out his option.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

I don't know. A possible ace, 4 years short of F/A, controlled by a team that has about as much yearly revenue as one location of Play-It-Again-Sports? May not be worth discussing.

I do like the idea of moving some combination of Gordon/Kepler/Jay/Burdi/Moya/Vargas/Granite for starter(s) and/or a 3B. But it won't be Tampa.

....and for the right starter, Sano has to be discussed. Brent Rooker might be the real deal.